Little Things You Hate

driftking

Wheel size expert
Check out his sig for confirmation.

Cocoa contains the compound theobromine. Theobromine is toxic to dogs and other pets at certain doses. The concentration of theobromine varies depending on the type of chocolate. For example, cocoa powder, baking chocolate and dark chocolate contain higher levels of theobromine compared to milk chocolate, hence the situation with your flufball, Cadbury "chocolate" is about 90% sugar, 9.9% other shit, and onlt about 0.1% actual chocolate.

The symptoms of theobromine ingestion may include restlessness, excitement, hyperactivity, nervousness, trembling, vomiting, diarrhoea; increased drinking and increased urination; increased heart rate, muscle tremors and seizures, so the same as its effect on me.

The toxicity of theobromine is dose-related, meaning that the overall effect of chocolate ingestion on the dog depends on the size of the dog; the amount of chocolate eaten and the type of chocolate eaten.

It is also toxic to other animals, including cats.
I hate it when my lab drinks, his such an angry drunk.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
LTIH: Our IT department finally cracking the shits about the wifi router that's been plugged into our network here for the past couple of years allowing those of us in my department to enjoy company internet on our devices. It has now been removed, and I am back to having to use up my own bandwidth :(

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When your queuing in traffic and the person driving in front of you stops a good car length or so away from the car in front of them but then creeps forward once your stationary behind them.

Dickheads that wear beanies regardless of how hot it is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When you have big plans for maximum ride time weekend and everyone else starts texting about Armageddon weather forecasts.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
When you have big plans for maximum ride time weekend and everyone else starts texting about Armageddon weather forecasts.
LTIH: Sensationalist news & weather

I could maybe understand the blizzard apocalypse or whatever nonsense they called it, that seemed to be a substantial weather event, but Rainmaggedon? Common, that's just ridiculous. It's rain, and it was only 1 day. Next up will be the Judgement Day of the Sun, cloudless skies reeking havoc on our poor, unsuspecting children.

On a related topic, I do remember reading a while back about statistics showing the further away from the source data you get, the more likely the news is to predict rain (based on a long term study of percentage predicted vs. actual percentage of times it rained). Case in point: channel 9 predicts 5 days of rain (and associated end of the world, drowning kittens, etc.), BoM predicts 2, we get 1.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH: Sensationalist news & weather

I could maybe understand the blizzard apocalypse or whatever nonsense they called it, that seemed to be a substantial weather event, but Rainmaggedon? Common, that's just ridiculous. It's rain, and it was only 1 day. Next up will be the Judgement Day of the Sun, cloudless skies reeking havoc on our poor, unsuspecting children.

On a related topic, I do remember reading a while back about statistics showing the further away from the source data you get, the more likely the news is to predict rain (based on a long term study of percentage predicted vs. actual percentage of times it rained). Case in point: channel 9 predicts 5 days of rain (and associated end of the world, drowning kittens, etc.), BoM predicts 2, we get 1.
FOOL! we face the judgement of the sun every day! As the sun sets.

rone

Eats Squid
"Keep Calm &..." posters, t-shirts etc. It was mildly sub-amusing 3 years ago. Let it die, you fucking drones.

stirk

Burner
"Keep Calm &..." posters, t-shirts etc. It was mildly sub-amusing 3 years ago. Let it die, you fucking drones.
Searching the internet to see what chopsticks avatar acronym means through the bloody work proxy server!

That little search ain't going away for 7 years.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
goeng un u nite ryd n gettin a heep uf branchs wegd btwn da spokz n da cazzett! Takin hafafkn'our tryin ta fikz et, den walkin bak HOm.

Last edited: