Little Things You Hate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
What the fuck! I've still got that horrible aniseed taste in my mouth. I'm starting to panic!

sbr511

Likes Dirt
We get Foxtel offshore and I've got to say it's probably the worst satellite/cable network I've ever experienced. Foxtel shows are full of ads, 90% of the non-sports channels are reality TV drivel (often terrible locally-made povvo crap) and even the sports channels have managed to sneak in a few shitty reality shows of their own (I'm looking at you, Fuel TV). As for the mainstream entertainment channels like Fox 8, they are actually WORSE than the likes of Seven, Nine and Ten.

Compared to the amount of channels and content you get on cable in the US and Europe, Foxtel is an absolute joke and an incredibly overpriced one at that.

And worst of all? you can't watch the bloody F1 on it!
Compared with other continents i'd have to agree but as for free to air, its chalk and cheese.

F1 is the most boring racing to watch though, its the same crap every week.

British touring cars are great, little equally powered and weighted cars, the dive under each other, don't think I have watched a race where there hasn't been carnage and the racing is great.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
SBS and ABC are alright. Certainly great value for money! Can't say I watch any of the others apart from the F1 and Nascar on Ten and maybe the V8's if I'm home on a sunday afternoon.

The internet supplies all my TV needs, ad-free and at a time of my choosing. You can't beat it!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
F1 used to be good until they destroyed it with safety. Remember when a fuelling strategy could win or lose the race?

I remember the in-race refueling days very well. Absolutely no overtaking on track whatsoever and every race was usually a procession led by an arrogant German.

It shits me to tears whenever folk cry on about bringing back refuelling. They've got the worst case of rose-tinted glasses ever. There's way more overtaking on track these days thanks to DRS and KERS/ERS and the like. Mercedes might be dominating things (and I've not yet seen this mornings race from Austin and I'm on 'restricted media' until I watch it tonight (ad-free!) so no spoilers!) but there's been some fantastic racing further down the pack this season and even Mercedes were treating us to some great wheel-to-wheel battles until Nico lost his nerve.

Also fuelling has nothing to do with safety. It was stopped because of cost reasons and seeing as two F1 teams have just gone under and a couple more are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, I can't see it being brought back any time soon.

I won't lie, F1 definitely has serious issues at the moment but they are all off-track.

Minlak

custom titis
I remember the in-race refueling days very well. Absolutely no overtaking on track whatsoever and every race was usually a procession led by an arrogant German.

It shits me to tears whenever folk cry on about bringing back refuelling. They've got the worst case of rose-tinted glasses ever. There's way more overtaking on track these days thanks to DRS and KERS/ERS and the like. Mercedes might be dominating things (and I've not yet seen this mornings race from Austin and I'm on 'restricted media' until I watch it tonight (ad-free!) so no spoilers!) but there's been some fantastic racing further down the pack this season and even Mercedes were treating us to some great wheel-to-wheel battles until Nico lost his nerve.

Also fuelling has nothing to do with safety. It was stopped because of cost reasons and seeing as two F1 teams have just gone under and a couple more are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, I can't see it being brought back any time soon.

I won't lie, F1 definitely has serious issues at the moment but they are all off-track.
That was easy ................... :behindsofa:

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does anyone possibly own a white shirt with out it getting covered in stains? 3 white shirts purchased a week ago, all now with stains. I even napisaned the bastards straight away!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How does anyone possibly own a white shirt with out it getting covered in stains? 3 white shirts purchased a week ago, all now with stains. I even napisaned the bastards straight away!
White shirt secret...never wear it. That way it will always he white.

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Hemorrhoids. I'm not even 40 for christs sake. Doctor wouldn't even take a peak, then signed me up for a colonoscopy 'cause there is a family history of bowel cancer.

Stay tuned for more rear end 'LTIH' .

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
Hemorrhoids. I'm not even 40 for christs sake. Doctor wouldn't even take a peak, then signed me up for a colonoscopy 'cause there is a family history of bowel cancer.

Wife was away with the kids for 11 days. Ate a lot ​of protein in their absence. Feel your pain bro.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
When the 7:13am train is at the station, current time is 7:11am, screen says departing in two minutes and as myself and two other people are walking along the platform to the said train, the Grinch driver toots the horn and departs the platform. Prick. Complaint email sent, awaiting a response :Cry:. Ever the optimist I was 17 minutes early for the next one.

camoshop

Banned
When the 7:13am train is at the station, current time is 7:11am, screen says departing in two minutes and as myself and two other people are walking along the platform to the said train, the Grinch driver toots the horn and departs the platform. Prick. Complaint email sent, awaiting a response :Cry:. Ever the optimist I was 17 minutes early for the next one.
Yep that's the worst of a night I have a min to get from platform 8 in (Sydney) at strathfield to flatform 3 so when the driver decides to leave earlier it's really sucks waiting 35 min for the next coast train.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Do you feel cheated? I'd ask for few second opinions.... :behindsofa:

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We get Foxtel offshore and I've got to say it's probably the worst satellite/cable network I've ever experienced. Foxtel shows are full of ads, 90% of the non-sports channels are reality TV drivel (often terrible locally-made povvo crap) and even the sports channels have managed to sneak in a few shitty reality shows of their own (I'm looking at you, Fuel TV). As for the mainstream entertainment channels like Fox 8, they are actually WORSE than the likes of Seven, Nine and Ten.

Compared to the amount of channels and content you get on cable in the US and Europe, Foxtel is an absolute joke and an incredibly overpriced one at that.

And worst of all? you can't watch the bloody F1 on it!
The only reason I was thinking of getting Foxtel next year was to watch the F1 - I thought it was broadcast through Sky Sports or something?

Cricket, Rugby and the other sports make up for it but still this is news to me!

Edit: just checked the prices and it's $50 a month for sports, more if you want a HD box.
What's the cheapest legit way to watch the sports? Does netflix or any of those other ones do sports?

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
I have a bus-stop at the end of my street, probably 50m from my front door, which I take the bus from to get to Uni. The amount of times I've rocked up at 8:00 only to look down the street and see the 8:04 bus has already gone past makes me so pissed off.