Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or

He's training for THE Gutter Hucking World Cup.
You know it! Gutter hucking can be serious business. I always wear my helmet.

I've had a couple of issues with Playstation hardware over the years and have been supported one hundred percent by Playstation with new gear being sent my way under warranty. Their service is amazing, easily the best company I've ever dealt with. I've discovered this week that a controller I own does not charge in the new cradle I bought. No biggy, I rang Playstation and they said to take it and my receipt to my place of purchase and it'll be exchanged for a new controller. For the record, console warranty is done direct with Playstation and accessories are done at the place of purchase.
I get my receipt, brave the local car park and go into the store or purchase. The work experience kid gets the supervisor to help me and all is done in a timely manner. Awesome! The guy gets a new controller from the shelf, opens the box and asks what is wrong with my controller "It charges with the USB lead but does not charge in the Playstation charging cradle which is sold seperately as an accessory". He hands the new controller and my receipt over and puts my old controller in the box that he pulled the new one out of. He sticks the security tag on again and carefully places the round sticker back on so it looks like it's new. I raised my eyebrows at him, he shrugs and walks off before I say anything. I didn't see him put it on the shelf but I have read the Playstation warranty PDF that stores have to abide by and it does not say to do what he did.
I've emailed Playstation saying thank you for another source of excellent support and I've also asked them to clarify what should have been done by the store. I've told them what I witnessed and I dare say it isn't protocol. I'll hang for now but am very tempted to front the fat turd and ask him what he was doing shelving used goods.
I cant believe you are going to ask a dude about what he has been shelving.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
I've had a couple of issues with Playstation hardware over the years and have been supported one hundred percent by Playstation with new gear being sent my way under warranty. Their service is amazing, easily the best company I've ever dealt with. I've discovered this week that a controller I own does not charge in the new cradle I bought. No biggy, I rang Playstation and they said to take it and my receipt to my place of purchase and it'll be exchanged for a new controller. For the record, console warranty is done direct with Playstation and accessories are done at the place of purchase.
I get my receipt, brave the local car park and go into the store or purchase. The work experience kid gets the supervisor to help me and all is done in a timely manner. Awesome! The guy gets a new controller from the shelf, opens the box and asks what is wrong with my controller "It charges with the USB lead but does not charge in the Playstation charging cradle which is sold seperately as an accessory". He hands the new controller and my receipt over and puts my old controller in the box that he pulled the new one out of. He sticks the security tag on again and carefully places the round sticker back on so it looks like it's new. I raised my eyebrows at him, he shrugs and walks off before I say anything. I didn't see him put it on the shelf but I have read the Playstation warranty PDF that stores have to abide by and it does not say to do what he did.
I've emailed Playstation saying thank you for another source of excellent support and I've also asked them to clarify what should have been done by the store. I've told them what I witnessed and I dare say it isn't protocol. I'll hang for now but am very tempted to front the fat turd and ask him what he was doing shelving used goods.
Wasn't a JB Hifi store by any chance was it?

I asked about stock of a particular model of iPad mini at one JB Hifi store in the Perth CBD a couple of weeks back (xmas present) - got told "According to the computer we have none.. but I'm sure I saw one!" ....sure enough, old mate goes digging in a cupboard and comes out with one. With an orange sticker on it saying it was "returned stock" which had apparently been returned because the purchaser decided they wanted a different model. Hmmmmm says I, and how much of a discount are you going to give me for what is essentially a second hand item? He goes "its not second hand, its new.. its just been returned" I pointed out that it had clearly been opened and he offered a mighty $10 off the RRP. Fuck. That. I noticed after that conversation that the store actually had quite a lot of electronics on the shelves with the same orange sticker.. With the vast majority offering no discount off of the "new" price.

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
LTIH - Using the vacuum cleaner and all was fine for a couple of room and then it decides to emit an acrid burning smell.

I've owned it for 2 years and 6 days. After digging out the receipt and warranty info, turns out the warranty is 2 years.

Question is, do I contact the store I purchased it from or the manufacturer directly? I have a feeling I'll need to bust out the Aus consumer law "reasonable expectations" bulldust about how a $600 vacuum cleaner should be reasonably expected to last more than 2 years and 6 days....

Good excuse to get out of cleaning though.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Accidently hitting 'send' on my housemates resignation letter, which I had jokingly edited to include the phrase 'herpes infected crapshack'.

Maybe should be in ltih, or fuckwits, or all of them...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Accidently hitting 'send' on my housemates resignation letter, which I had jokingly edited to include the phrase 'herpes infected crapshack'.

Hopefully he doesn't need a reference.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Your ex housemate you mean... Sleep with one eye open.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Small crawl spaces

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417130706.857007.jpg

Even more so when I've left my overalls At home. Torch in mouth.... Like Charlie sheen in Vietnam.

Last edited:

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when you bite too hard on the knurled torch barrel and you feel the residue of your front teeth on your tongue as they slowly grind away...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
when you bite too hard on the knurled torch barrel and you feel the residue of your front teeth on your tongue as they slowly grind away...
Hopefully it's not one of those 4D cell maglites.. Unless you're into gobbling maglites....

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pronunciation and Americanisms that are creeping into everyday language. Like when someone says 'take-out' in lieu of 'take-away'. Or 'Zee' instead of 'Zed'.

Surely it isn't just me that it annoys?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Pronunciation and Americanisms that are creeping into everyday language. Like when someone says 'take-out' in lieu of 'take-away'. Or 'Zee' instead of 'Zed'.

Surely it isn't just me that it annoys?
Nope it's not. However it can work in reverse. I take great pleasure in annoying the fuck out of the pubescent retards at work by telling them to turn the wireless down as I find J Zed's music extremely irritating.