Little Things You Hate

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just got a new hid kit for my hella 4000 driving lights, one of the old one 35W ballasts crapped out after 7 years. Just tested the new ntech 55w globes and ballasts and they are instant on, no 1-2 second warm up like the old ones. Fitting them up this weekend. 1km of instant lovely daylight. I hate that I didn't do this sooner

View attachment 316155

Before LEDs arrived with high brightness I rode at night with a 35watt trail tech HID. Got chased down a few times by cops and rangers thinking I was a Moto.

HIDs, even fitted Oem to euro cars, are too bright I feel even with self levelling systems and lens wipers blades or squirters.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Just got a new hid kit for my hella 4000 driving lights, one of the old one 35W ballasts crapped out after 7 years. Just tested the new ntech 55w globes and ballasts and they are instant on, no 1-2 second warm up like the old ones. Fitting them up this weekend. 1km of instant lovely daylight. I hate that I didn't do this sooner

[]
You better fit them so they aren't bloody shining directly at other motorist and blowing their eyes into oblivion.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
There's no such thing. They're fog lights. LTIH!!!

This! All of these guys get my fog lights + high beam.
Genius.

You do realise fog lights are low intensity, low beam designed to make you visible to other road users. Any high intensity flood or spot beam will reduce visibility to the end of your eyelashes. In fog, use your low beam headlights for the best visibility, if that's not working, pull the fuck over, but leave your fogs on.

Fog light me any day, and I'll return the favour by giving you a Chernobyl tan that your great grand kids will still be sporting.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. during fog. If you think I cant see you with normal headlights alone when there is no fog then you must be blind yourself (hence my extra lighting will help you) or just plain stupid (in which case I'll be long gone by the time you fumble around looking for your switches to respond to my perfectly timed flash in your goddamn selfish stupid retina).

P.S. There are actually laws addressing this, suggest you look em up.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yes. during fog. If you think I cant see you with normal headlights alone when there is no fog then you must be blind yourself (hence my extra lighting will help you) or just plain stupid (in which case I'll be long gone by the time you fumble around looking for your switches to respond to my perfectly timed flash in your goddamn selfish stupid retina).

P.S. There are actually laws addressing this, suggest you look em up.
Of course there are laws.......just like there are laws for indicting when changing lanes, stopping at amber lights, keeping left unless overtaking, amongst others. Why cherry pick?

The biggest issue is the knobs who have a voltage drop across their headlights, or one headlight out, resulting in one light achieving supernova levels of photon output, and no amount of slamming a car door on their hand will convince them it is an issue, or contrary to any laws.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Those obnoxious HID lights.

A lot of them are either seriously maladjusted or just seriously way too bright.

Some of the ones I've seen have been damn well nearly blinding.
Along with this is the obnoxious prats behind said lights who sit right on your hip in the right lane & blast your eyes out with their lights in your mirror.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Genius.

I'll return the favour by giving you a Chernobyl tan that your great grand kids will still be sporting.
I had to quote that love it

lane splitting scooter riders, your scooter is 100cc scoot at no pint in time ever will you be quicker across a set of traffic lights, even if the driver next to you has died two weeks ago. Motorbikes(or big scooters aka should have just gotten a bike) doing it I don't care but if you are not burying your right foot or going full throttle stay out of the way.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Water bottles that leak.

If Coca-Cola can sell me a watertight bottle full of sugar solution for $2 how come your hipster design team can't sell me an empty one for $20? You know, a bottle really has only one function, if it can't achieve that maybe you should give up trying to be smart and look for a job in marketing.

moorey

call me Mia
Cold mornings, brings out all the goblins in my shoulder and hurts to move my arm in any direction.
Only my fingers suffer these days. Circulation issues I suspect. Below 5 deg they hurt constantly these days. About to head out, and know I'm in for a world of pain.
image.jpg

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Going to the MEL CBD at 6:30 on Saturday night when Batman Ave and Flinders St are closed at the same time AFL is kicking at the MCG. So much for that 7PM dinner reservation. What should have been a 25 minute drive took 90.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Along with this is the obnoxious prats behind said lights who sit right on your hip in the right lane & blast your eyes out with their lights in your mirror.
Last weekend I had a retard in a large ute tailgating us with their dumb hids practically exploding my eyes.

I had to physically move my head back or to the left (I was a passenger and it was blinding me from the left hand side mirror) just so my eyes wouldn't explode retina juices everywhere.

Look, I got no problem with people wanting to have a beam of light to shine farther to highlight potential road hazards, but for the love of god, they need to make sure their lights are adjusted properly and are not being a hazzard in themselves to other motorist.