Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
Internal cable routing is evil.

I have internal frame and chain stay routing for the rear shifter.

Damit, do I butcher a brand new cable outer that came with new XT shifter to get the tube inside to make the internal recabling easier or does bunnings have tube which I could use? I've found that tubing from the hardware is tough and holds too much memory of being in a coil so would not be great for using to recable internal routes. Any suggestions of alternatives for tube aside from butchering an outer?

Flow-Rider

Burner

Damit, do I butcher a brand new cable outer that came with new XT shifter to get the tube inside to make the internal recabling easier or does bunnings have tube which I could use? I've found that tubing from the hardware is tough and holds too much memory of being in a coil so would not be great for using to recable internal routes. Any suggestions of alternatives for tube aside from butchering an outer?
I'm over internal routing. After countless attempts to get good shifting to the RD, I decided to drill the ends out to run straight cable through and never looked back. Another weight weenie wank :rant:.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Here you go,

http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-cable-routing-kit-ir-1

stirk

Burner

Flow-Rider

Burner
Some holes can't be drilled to do that, at least with my drill.
Not recommended for all frames, you might not get the cable through either because of the larger diameter, it was this or cable tie something to the outside for me. I'm not going to buy anymore frames with internal routing.

stirk

Burner
Not recommended for all frames, you might not get the cable through either because of the larger diameter, it was this or cable tie something to the outside for me. I'm not going to buy anymore frames with internal routing.
If I can bloody tie an Albright knot I can do this, with the right tubing that is!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I'm very scared I just came to Victoria to have broken my hand. Can't move it, size of a tennis ball, beer isn't helping enough. Hospital is across the road from the hotel at least

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Del Rio will be lacking a crew member for a while I guess.

Ha-ha funnies aside, what happened, and how bad?

I bet the horse is unscarred!
Horse is perfect. Rider pretty much dropped, otb over a drop and landed on my hand, can barely move, I've moved onto herbal med

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Does this link go to the Park Tools site?
http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-cable-routing-kit-ir-1
I get this-

View attachment 322221

Also couldn't you just tape or heatshrink the new to old outer and pull it through? Internal routing sucked in the 90's when Klein did it, I guess with guides it would be okay but I'm happy with 'em on the outside.
The address is correct ( as confirmed by an archive.org snapshot), but no longer in Park Tool USA's possession it would seem.

I'm guessing someone didnt lock their domain name and pay the renewal.

slowmick

38-39"
When you put the shock pump on the rear shock to check the pressure and the shock fills the pump with oil. Looks like the shock is off for a warranty service on Monday. That should kill 2 weeks nicely ... :Cry: