Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Tesla Model3 is still too big, IMO. Otherwise, it's getting there!

Model S is huuuuuge. And expensive. To
No one knows how big the Model 3 will be yet, but likely Beemer 3 series size. Not too porky.

Model S is very big, but so so pretty...

scblack

Leucocholic
Ideal garage - a Renault Zoe or a Tesla Model 3 for commuting duties, and a Kangoo set up for travelling.

A 2009 Laguna Coupe GT for touring... But cant import one under stupid import rules... :(
If you were truly genuine about not wanting to pollute, you would NOT buy a car, the manufacturing process uses a massive amount of energy and creates a lot of pollution. But I guess the manufacturing pollution is not in your suburb, so that's OK? How do we spell NIMBY?

You should catch public transport, or use a GoGet (shared) car.

The resources, pollution and toxicity around the life-cycle of battery packs is huge in itself.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Do you have children even? Two non teenage kids in child seats and booster seats is why people need big cars. The wife drives a little i30 about and with the two kids in their seats there ain't much room for a third and quite often we need to carry three kids. The seats are all jumbled about to make it fit which is not so good for safety.

There are not many good options outside of Big 4wd or SUV for families with 2 plus kids and besides it's nice to ride higher and see over the little tintops.

And don't say van, wife hates them.

This reminds me I need to order my 1.5 inch ball joint spacers ;)
My parents seemed to cope ok with two kids in the Ro80, thats a sedan no bigger than a current Corrola... Maybe we just had less extra crap?

What about things like a Kia Rondo or Cit Picasso? Plent of room without the SUV lard... The handle better too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If you were truly genuine about not wanting to pollute, you would NOT buy a car, the manufacturing process uses a massive amount of energy and creates a lot of pollution. But I guess the manufacturing pollution is not in your suburb, so that's OK? How do we spell NIMBY?

The resources, pollution and toxicity around the life-cycle of battery packs is huge in itself.
Does that manufacture pollution still count if you buy a second hand car?CO2 emissions are not a NIMBY issue anyway.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

Ah yes, the Andrew Bolt argument against EVs...

ps - NIMBY is spelt NIMBY.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We are all a bunch of selfish chunts, how many things or products do we buy from one of the worst polluters in the world and yet we say how good we are. We just move the problems to other countries and what's worse is that we have the knowledge to make most of the stuff we need here. We are just pots calling the kettles black.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
We are all a bunch of selfish chunts, how many things or products do we buy from one of the worst polluters in the world and yet we say how good we are. We just move the problems to other countries and what's worse is that we have the knowledge to make most of the stuff we need here. We are just pots calling the kettles black.
Couldn't put it better if I tried. And those who argue they are not selfish chunts. Wake up to yourself!!!

stirk

Burner
My parents seemed to cope ok with two kids in the Ro80, thats a sedan no bigger than a current Corrola... Maybe we just had less extra crap?

What about things like a Kia Rondo or Cit Picasso? Plent of room without the SUV lard... The handle better too.
That's a big looking car compared to a little i30! Probably didn't need seats or even seatbelts judging by the look of it. Two kids and two car seats is all most little cars can properly manage in the back row. Do you want me to take a photo?

Staunch

Eats Squid
Fixing one air leak in my Boxxer WCs only to be met with another different one after putting them back on the bike. I miss coil forks.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That's a big looking car compared to a little i30! Probably didn't need seats or even seatbelts judging by the look of it. Two kids and two car seats is all most little cars can properly manage in the back row. Do you want me to take a photo?
The Ro80 is longish, but no wider than the current i30. edit - the Ro80 is 20mm wider. (really must dig it out of Dad's shed and restore it one day...It was a cool car)

An i30 is a decent thing, had a few as rentals - not particularly small. The wagon version in particular would be an eminently useful car.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do you have children even? Two non teenage kids in child seats and booster seats is why people need big cars. The wife drives a little i30 about and with the two kids in their seats there ain't much room for a third and quite often we need to carry three kids. The seats are all jumbled about to make it fit which is not so good for safety.

There are not many good options outside of Big 4wd or SUV for families with 2 plus kids and besides it's nice to ride higher and see over the little tintops.

And don't say van, wife hates them.

This reminds me I need to order my 1.5 inch ball joint spacers ;)
Vans are awesome. Not very aerodynamic, but still awesome. I hope you're wife is really aerodynamic given her van hate?

I can fit between 2 child seats in the back of an i30. I'm not a particularly small fellow. But I doubt you'd fit a 3rd child seat in there.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
LTIH - After yesterday's debacle I get to the trail, run a few quick warm ups on the pump track and this happens!

LTIL
Finally after many years getting to use that spare tube for myself and tool kit to get myself rolling

LTIH - remembering why I hate tubes