Little Things You Hate

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll post in whatever topic I want and discuss what I want.

If that doesn't suit....ban me again.
No you won't.

We decide what this website looks like and you've proven that it looks better without your childish crap. You got your ban and it's permanent this time.

Pity, all you had to do was tone things down a touch and we could have benefited from your input. But you're too stubborn and self-righteous to get along. your loss in the end.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Point well made.

Main reason my children are in private schools that one.
Private schools, now that's a can of worms init?
Noise coming from a lot these elite schools is that they are facing the same probs all schools face (in Melb), too many students not enough facilities. Class sizes are increasing and there is a lack of open space as a result..
My missus work involves dealing with one of the "elite" melb private schools (~30k pa) you really don't want know where some of those fees go now to cope with the huge student growth.. Millions are spent on free staff carparking for example.

moorey

call me Mia
I could see how that comes across..
Point was who wants their kid taught by somebody who has been on leave 3x longer than they have been a teacher.. Male or female..
Yeah, I don't buy his story. Pay grade increases with actual experience and taking on additional duties. You don't sit out 7 years and return on the same award as those who stayed there. There's exceptions, like when I was TAFE. You started on a decent level, requiring experience to get the position, then there was no higher level to go to.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Private schools, now that's a can of worms init?
Noise coming from a lot these elite schools is that they are facing the same probs all schools face (in Melb), too many students not enough facilities. Class sizes are increasing and there is a lack of open space as a result..
My missus work involves dealing with one of the "elite" melb private schools (~30k pa) you really don't want know where some of those fees go now to cope with the huge student growth.. Millions are spent on free staff carparking for example.
Yeah, well, there are non public schools, then there are the seriously private. I ain't in that league, one at a catholic and the other at a std independent. At the catholic school, you get teachers who can be hired through a proper selection process, at the independent Christian school you also get a better class of classmates (in our situation, this was pretty much a must compared to the local public school - poodle knows the social problems the local public school has to deal with ala fowler street)

I drive past kings every other day - money to burn in those places

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I don't buy his story. Pay grade increases with actual experience and taking on additional duties. You don't sit out 7 years and return on the same award as those who stayed there. There's exceptions, like when I was TAFE. You started on a decent level, requiring experience to get the position, then there was no higher level to go to.
Fair call I worded that poorly, the teachers in questions had expectation of pay due to their current age.. And were very vocal about it.
One went back as junior on the current award, the other cracked the shits ranted on facebook how unfair it was and eventually left to another profession.

moorey

call me Mia
No you won't.

We decide what this website looks like and you've proven that it looks better without your childish crap. You got your ban and it's permanent this time.

Pity, all you had to do was tone things down a touch and we could have benefited from your input. But you're too stubborn and self-righteous to get along. your loss in the end.
Typical. How many blacks or women have you banned lately? Equality now!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...busy morning! Shots fired and man down. Should women have the same gun ownership rights as men? They seem to generally less violent than men, so perhaps more gun rights? They seem to generally be less physical strong than men, so perhaps less powerful guns? So complex...

On the teacher - pay - lengthy time off scenario, the award/agreement payment (and conditions) would likely grow over that time away from the work. However the individual would still be at a certain pay level, for hypothetical example "Teacher level 2". So if level 2 has had a 7% increase in pay over their 7 years they would receive that new pay rate as that is the rate for theor grade. The would be entitled to the rights of their agreement/award. In comparison to those who have continued to work and gained increases in level (perhaps as far as level 7000035759!) some people would kick the sads.

moorey

call me Mia
...busy morning! Shots fired and man down. Should women have the same gun ownership rights as men? They seem to generally less violent than men, so perhaps more gun rights? They seem to generally be less physical strong than men, so perhaps less powerful guns? So complex...

On the teacher - pay - lengthy time off scenario, the award/agreement payment (and conditions) would likely grow over that time away from the work. However the individual would still be at a certain pay level, for hypothetical example "Teacher level 2". So if level 2 has had a 7% increase in pay over their 7 years they would receive that new pay rate as that is the rate for theor grade. The would be entitled to the rights of their agreement/award. In comparison to those who have continued to work and gained increases in level (perhaps as far as level 7000035759!) some people would kick the sads.
What a load of bollocks.

They need more powerful guns to compensate for their lack of strength.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Man down! 2 for one bonus offer for wyong that one pooodle.

Loved reading the stories about the doting father of 2 shot dead on Monday, thinking to myself, oh sure he's an innocent ...... read the comments on the local social media, nup, he's a dealer stepping on toes, gets shot dead, kids maybe have a chance now.

Day 1
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/b3cdbad0c0daf2a02f5c4238013963bc

Day 2
http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...t/news-story/8c47cfa09095008ebc20a0290ea747b2

Day 2 1/2
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/shots-fir...-fatal-shooting-in-wyong-20170704-gx4akt.html

Excitement plus

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ surely there were not many surprises in that story? Other than how quickly the cops solved the crime...

It is a sad story all the same - crime, poverty, death, drugs...not much good to come out of it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Pharma- yes, noted the evolution of the narrative as well and the first claims of road rage seemed fanciful.

Agree that it's sad that these things occur but not sure where the poverty element comes into it.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Pharma- yes, noted the evolution of the narrative as well and the first claims of road rage seemed fanciful.

Agree that it's sad that these things occur but not sure where the poverty element comes into it.
Centred in Wyong housing commission. Putting an empathic hat on, the chances of gainful employment being brought up in those places are slim. Putting my next generation hat on, what's sad for the family might be an opportunity for the community as they lose a solid 3 or 4 ice dealers.

Spent enough time in these suburbs to know you don't even want to visit let alone live there

Edit - day in the life of news corp - if I'd been that far off with lists, I'd delete them for embarrassment value..... ;)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Centred in Wyong housing commission. Putting an empathic hat on, the chances of gainful employment being brought up in those places are slim. Putting my next generation hat on, what's sad for the family might be an opportunity for the community as they lose a solid 3 or 4 ice dealers.

Spent enough time in these suburbs to know you don't even want to visit let alone live there

Edit - day in the life of news corp - if I'd been that far off with lists, I'd delete them for embarrassment value..... ;)
Yeah, I'll have to claim zero credibility in this area as I have no experience or knowledge. My gut says that housing commission on the central NSW coast is not poverty but I picture poverty as what I've seen in East Timor, Indonesia, China, etc. So I guess relative poverty may be the issue here, I really have no idea.

Agree as well; conflicting feelings on this - 2 ice dealers off the streets, two lives that missed their chance to be happy and useful.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Yeah, I'll have to claim zero credibility in this area as I have no experience or knowledge. My gut says that housing commission on the central NSW coast is not poverty but I picture poverty as what I've seen in East Timor, Indonesia, China, etc. So I guess relative poverty may be the issue here, I really have no idea.

Agree as well; conflicting feelings on this - 2 ice dealers off the streets, two lives that missed their chance to be happy and useful.
This area has yielded me a lot of clients over the years. Outside the housing commission area the town is mostly low socio-economic with little opportunity for those that are already on the edge. These guys will be quickly replaced by new entrepreneurs and the shit will continue.

Some people do escape it all and get well ahead of where they started out. It isn't an easy journey for them, but it is nice to see.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
School holidays..."sick pushy man..blah blah blah blah blah." yeah kid look unless you've got a hot mum that needs a service I came to ride not talk shit. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.