Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Serious LTIH, being on call. I finished work at 10pm, and am now back at work, at fucking 2am. Nights like thesemake me question what I’m doing with my life.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Serious LTIH, being on call. I finished work at 10pm, and am now back at work, at fucking 2am. Nights like thesemake me question what I’m doing with my life.
Sucks as badly as waking up at 4:30am on a Saturday, when all week I've been hitting the snooze button till at least 5 and running late all week. Melbourne traffic can go and get fucked.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
On call is a killer. I don't miss that at all apart from the serenity of night when few people are around to bother you.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good news guys, almost had to go back out to the 2am callout to swap some pumps over, but another dude from work is a total legend and will sort that out after his morning job is done.

Back to playing shovel knight I go!

Edit: jesus you see some types driving through sydney at 4am sat morning. The metal club in ultimo makes for some interesting people watching

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm feeling you brother. The uncertainty of not knowing what's around the corner and the effect it can have of my home life also has me questioning me why I do it. I guess at the moment it's a bit of a necessity that I do so to get ahead in this world....

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
After 3 days in Sydney, I would give Melbourne traffic a reachie.

It's a 3 hour drive to the end of you driveway up there. Doesn't help their PT is pure anus, too.
The rest of the state is in envy of how awesome the public transport in Sydney appears to be.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
In Canberra public transport is something only poor people use, hence the new tram is universally hated. It’s a very progressive town.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Recruitment agencies! Got the push from my job prior to Christmas and no luck so far in finding a new job. Got the call for an interview and progressed to second interview and did not hear for a few days only to see the job re-advertised with previous applicants need not re-apply

Gave them a call and they would get back to me. Did not hear for a few days and got a call after 5 on Friday, sorry not have been successful. Well no shit, been nice to have called and advised before re-advertising and no feedback they could provide either...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Recruitment agencies! Got the push from my job prior to Christmas and no luck so far in finding a new job. Got the call for an interview and progressed to second interview and did not hear for a few days only to see the job re-advertised with previous applicants need not re-apply

Gave them a call and they would get back to me. Did not hear for a few days and got a call after 5 on Friday, sorry not have been successful. Well no shit, been nice to have called and advised before re-advertising and no feedback they could provide either...
Sorry, many employers and all agencies lost their common decency long ago. Assume a chunt who is inspired by Trump runs the agency. The one who's name rhymes with Rays, evil, and this is from the employers perspective.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
A few years ago my other half was having a bit of a career change.

Approached a recruiter in the new field, who had one job in particular that really appealed, although it didn't name the company. The recruiter refused to put her forward because though she had the education and skills, her work history was in a different field. Instead they suggested some entry level jobs they had going. Quite insultingly entry level.

A quick google and we found the job advertised directly through the company's website; application in, interviews and job was landed.

When the recruiter called a few weeks later with another menial job proposal, it was quite satisfying to tell them what had happened.

So ultimately they missed out on their commission because they were looking after themselves rather than putting forward the best candidates.

Fucken recruiters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hustlers...

You know those days where it's all cruising along nicely at your pace until your phone rings and it's one of your friends having themselves a solid crisis-meltdown and it's mostly self induced and suddenly an hour later you need to figure out where you were up to with the day because that hour on the phone has turned your brain inside out? I hadn't even had coffee for fuck's sake!