Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I flew with them most recently and you aren't too wrong about the service. On the way to Japan I switched to JAL in Singapore. There was massive jump in service standard that came with that switch.

Also, first time at Singapore airport and far out the no loud speaker announcements was great! Other airports should pick this up and run with it.
It’s a very civilised airport for sure :) Nice lounges.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Spent 10 years with work flying across Australia, Tigerair and Virginblue left me stranded at airports the most.

One for the Fuckwits thread.

Had a Virgin blue flight postponed in Cairns 3 times, so I kept on drinking at the bar and got pretty tanked but still OK to walk, so my flight number comes up to board so I get on the plane and sit down, everyone is almost boarded on the plane and then see I police walking towards my chair, I shit and ask what's wrong and they tell me "you've boarded the wrong plane". I check my boarding pass and yep, one number is out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spent 10 years with work flying across Australia, Tigerair and Virginblue left me stranded at airports the most.

Had a Virgin blue flight postponed in Cairns 3 times, so I kept on drinking at the bar and got pretty tanked but still OK to walk, so my flight number comes up to board so I get on the plane and sit down, everyone is almost boarded on the plane and then see I police walking towards my chair, I shit and ask what's wrong and they tell me "you've boarded the wrong plane". I check my boarding pass and yep, one number is out.
I love that they needed the police to tell you this, surely one of the airline staff could've sorted it out fairly easily?

scblack

Leucocholic
I love that they needed the police to tell you this, surely one of the airline staff could've sorted it out fairly easily?
Just spoke to my mate who's a Federal cop at Sydney airport. They would only be called if the person was unco-operative. Possibly the steward who let him pass on board did not want the grief of a possibe scene.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Many moons ago we were on a flight back from Darwin which was delayed after a 1am original departure. We’d checked out of the hotel at 10am and done our best to find something to do but of course ended up in a backpacker happy hour or 2 eventually. I crashed straight away but was woken up by the hostie an hour or so in asking me if I could help my gf. I look over and she’s out like a light, snoring in the middle of the isle.

She’s a keeper

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just spoke to my mate who's a Federal cop at Sydney airport. They would only be called if the person was unco-operative. Possibly the steward who let him pass on board did not want the grief of a possibe scene.
You're not meant to be able to board the wrong plane with an electronic boarding pass either but I did some how. I can't remember if they filled empty seats in later planes instead of running another flight but they said if my luggage was on the same flight I could have stayed.

Cairns airport has always been a problem airport for me, another time the Pilot attempted to land and at last minute aborts through thick fog, turns the plane up at a steep angle and decides to land in Townsville.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got confused and rocked up to work 2 hours early...made coffee, talked smack, something didn't feel right and then it clicked. I live close by so figured I'd fuck off home and just come back at the right time. But then I figured it's hot and it's windy and fuck going home etc I'll just hit up a nearby cafe for a brew and the paper and the internet and being a jerk. Well this gives rise to a few little things I hate:
  • I ate a really shit $5 pizza from little caesar on the way to work because I was in an epic rush to get there on time and be fed for the night. It was a really shit pizza and 2hrs was more than enough time to whip up some of the treats I picked up from the grocery store this afternoon...roast pork loin and veggies was the dream. Alas porky shall have to wait.
  • The coffee I made at work was about 400000000002 times better than the coffee I just paid to drink. Coffee making isn't difficult, how can one of the most popular cafes in town fuck it up so regularly?
  • Today is hot, humid, and windy. Somehow all of my least favourite weather conditions rolled into one! So I didn't really save myself any sweat by not heading home. I'm sweating just sitting still.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
So in a bid to combat the aforementioned lifeless inertia, I took myself down to Eastern Beach this morning to swim some laps, only to find that it was rather crowded with big fuck-off jellyfish.