Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know how that feels, get well soon.

Years ago, a buddy of mine crashed on one of our rides up Hotham on sports bikes. He hit a tree at very big speed. 11 broken ribs, broken sternum, punctured lung, displaced heart. Other than the ten minutes of serenity of the first ambulance's blue whistle, he pretty much screamed for four hours, died twice and revived twice, by two ambulance bros, the last time with the big needle in the lung, then helicoptered to the Alfred, put in a coma for three weeks, wired up chest, all good now, but doesn't ride any more.

So, yeah, ribs hurt.
Fuck!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The bit at the bottom hurts

The magistrate slapped Rennie with a $3000 fine, and a nine-month suspension from driving, despite receiving a conviction for a similar offence a few years ago.

Fucking sad.
Probably should serve some gaol time. But Straya.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Asked the bike shop in the US to place other items I bought from them in the frame box is possible to consolidate shipping. Very specifically told them to secure things to avoid paint damage.

Not only didn’t they secure anything, they jammed in the handlebar and gouged the paint.

Ltih - being told it’s my fault because I asked for things to be placed in the box with the frame...

Standard US customer service...

I know how that feels, get well soon.

Years ago, a buddy of mine crashed on one of our rides up Hotham on sports bikes. He hit a tree at very big speed. 11 broken ribs, broken sternum, punctured lung, displaced heart. Other than the ten minutes of serenity of the first ambulance's blue whistle, he pretty much screamed for four hours, died twice and revived twice, by two ambulance bros, the last time with the big needle in the lung, then helicoptered to the Alfred, put in a coma for three weeks, wired up chest, all good now, but doesn't ride any more.

So, yeah, ribs hurt.
Anyone want to buy a vtr1000 ?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I like to admire what a person does in the sporting arena then ignore what they are like off the field (so to speak). It allows you to keep an admiration for what they are good at and doesn't add any kind of personal dilemma to it. Sometimes though, you know a person to be a total fuckwit for all the world to see. Also disappointing is when you see people making attempts at funny gags glorying said fuckwit who think "it's real fucking manly to sink tons of piss and manage to drive home". Ha .....ha.........fucking ha. It isn't and you're a fuckwit.
Its astounding to me that men measure how awesome they are or how amazing their friends are by how much they drank and how much of a fuckwit they made of themselves.

slowmick

38-39"
Mr Rennie was an inspiration when I got into mountain biking. I remember myself looking forward to the next issue of AMB to see what he had achieved next. Always remember them putting him on the dyno at the institute of sport and him tearing it apart with flat shoes. Life is hard. Don't put others at risk while you cope with it.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think part of growing up is learning how shitty the people you looked up to are.

Hope that old mtb dude gets his life on track.

moorey

call me Mia
I think part of growing up is learning how shitty the people you looked up to are.

Hope that old mtb dude gets his life on track.
He does a lot of great work in the MTB world still. He appears to have a problem with the drink. Judge the action, not the man.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
To be fair, I don't even know who he is. Not judging the problem with drink (it can happen to anyone with our society's dysfunctional relationship with it), but when it endangers others through actions like jumping behind the wheel, then its harder to disentangle a lapse of judgement from character.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Fuck I hate it when heroes you look up to turn out to be bottom feeding scum suckers. Worst of mine was Bob Brozman, who was clearly the greatest live guitarist I have ever seen. Hard to listen to his music now when the reasons for his suicide have become clear.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
To be fair, I don't even know who he is. Not judging the problem with drink (it can happen to anyone with our society's dysfunctional relationship with it), but when it endangers others through actions like jumping behind the wheel, then its harder to disentangle a lapse of judgement from character.
I remember him but I still agree. Especially when it's not the first time from what I read

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
He does a lot of great work in the MTB world still. He appears to have a problem with the drink. Judge the action, not the man.
Build 1000 bridges and fuck one goat, people don’t call you a bridge builder.........

And going off the article he’s done it before. I love his riding, he was a major influence of mine when I started riding gravity stuff. Loved watching him and kovarik tear it up.

But fuck me that’s alot over the limit. And it’s a pretty lenient punishment. A spades a spade, rennie’s an idiot. Not to say he can’t turn it around and stop being a fuckwit.

I hope the AA meetings help and overcomes his Alchoholism. It isn’t something I wish on anybody

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Taken from https://www.alcohol.org/effects/blood-alcohol-concentration/
  • 0.2%: Confusion, feeling dazed, and disorientation are common. Standing and walking may require help, as balance and muscle control will have deteriorated a lot. Sensations of pain will change, so if you fall and seriously hurt yourself, you may not notice, and you are less likely to do anything about it. Nausea and vomiting are likely to occur, and the gag reflex will be impaired, which could cause choking or aspirating on vomit. Blackouts begin at this BAC, so you may participate in events that you don’t remember.
  • 0.25%: All physical, mental, emotional, and sensory processing functions are impaired. You will feel numb on many levels, and you are at a high risk of choking on vomit, falling and severely hurting yourself, or killing yourself unintentionally.
  • 0.3%: Stupor may set in, which is the brain essentially shutting down. It’s like passing out but you appear to be awake; however, you will be unresponsive to nearly all stimuli. There will be very little recognition or understanding of people or places around you if you remember anything.
  • 0.35%: The level of impairment at this BAC is on a level similar to that achieved via surgical anesthesia. You are very likely to pass out, and you may stop breathing.
  • 0.4% and over: This level may put you in a coma or cause sudden death because your heart or breathing will suddenly stop.
The article said he blew 0.362% and that was after he had "tried to sleep it off"...