Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This disturbs me:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ax-software-outsourced-to-9-an-hour-engineers

It's also close to my profession too these days, save money at the cost of engineering rigor.

Goes against every bone in my body...
Great write up. Seen this first hand for almost 10 years now.

I was the acceptance tester thorn in the outsourced side of a few HCL contractors in my previous role.

Now on the end of the line of substandard outsourced code that creates new and interesting defects in products I support now. Oh well......

I wonder 'If it isn't Boeing then I'm not going' still applies in the brave new world.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Santa Cruz's colour scheme department. They just keep getting worse! Red and black head tube badges don't colour match with the frames, seemingly random colours are dumped on frames together, new seat tube VPP logo is massive and ugly. These "we bought all the unwanted sample pots" colours are killing my fanboi bike-boner!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Santa Cruz's colour scheme department. They just keep getting worse! Red and black head tube badges don't colour match with the frames, seemingly random colours are dumped on frames together, new seat tube VPP logo is massive and ugly. These "we bought all the unwanted sample pots" colours are killing my fanboi bike-boner!
Lucky intense use the vpp and have better colour schemes.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Eggplant.... what’s not to love?

Glad we pulled the trigger on the sage Roubion for the wife. The new colour is meh and the price has gone up.

The Juliana Maverick though... that’s a hot machine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH: The power is out and I can't make my morning coffee. I could get the camp stove out and do a stove top but there's no power to grind the beans. Can't even go into town and get a coffee because the power is out there too.

And whinging about it on the internet has generated a miracle....the power just came back on!!!!!!!!!!
Be prepared next time! For doomsday scenarios like this I batch up cold brew. It's easy to make, stores in the fridge for plenty, tastes great, and is ready to go fast when you need it, keeping you and those around safe from the caffeine withdrawal monster.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Be prepared next time! For doomsday scenarios like this I batch up cold brew. It's easy to make, stores in the fridge for plenty, tastes great, and is ready to go fast when you need it, keeping you and those around safe from the caffeine withdrawal monster.
100% this.

Honestly I don’t make coffee at home except for cold brew.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
100% this.

Honestly I don’t make coffee at home except for cold brew.
Well that is just lazy...this morning I had a cold brew so I could make an espresso and also pour cold brew into a reprised 300ml soft drink bottle for a take away, which was used to celebrate making the train.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep.
Why fuck around with something that isn’t going to taste as good as a good espresso from my local favourite cafe.

I’ll just have the cold brew.
As a new home owner aren't you meant to be at home crying about all the avocado, craft beer, and cafe coffee you're missing out on? Looking back fondly at the glory days on your instagram account while sipping from a cup of Woolworth's select instant?

There's never been a better time to borrow! Interests rates are at record low levels.