Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
retail is totally screwed. Buyers want to buy everything at the cheapest price they can get online. Stores pay wages and rent and electricity etc and simply cannot complete with online. They also cannot stock every product everyone wants because stock on hand is lost money.

What they can do is good service for new bike buyers and good service when it comes to repairs. all those gloves and knee pads and stuff are really only there for cashed up buyers who are dropping fat stacks on some bling so they can have all the gear and no idea. Plus for newbies all that stuff looks cool. My beautiful girlfriend is like a bower bird in my lbs.

They are never going to be able to sell parts below cost to riders who build and service there own stuff. It's like a chef going into a michelin star restaurant and wanting to buy fried chicken at KFC prices.
Good prices at LBS’s isn’t usually the issue, it’s good customer service, and a clue about bikes and repairs.
I have a great one for the latter. Unfortunately, their Shimano wholesale is the price of online retail. Nothing they can do about that. I support them whenever and however I can still, but have to rely on quite a few used parts to keep the fleet operational.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Good prices at LBS’s isn’t usually the issue, it’s good customer service, and a clue about bikes and repairs.
I have a great one for the latter. Unfortunately, their Shimano wholesale is the price of online retail. Nothing they can do about that. I support them whenever and however I can still, but have to rely on quite a few used parts to keep the fleet operational.
That's why we support our 2hr away LBS. They offer great service and strangely know a lot more about bikes than me?! They even talk to me nicely when I ring with stupid questions....

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I have something that looks like too. I'll check when home
Everyone has one, except me .... and the bike shops .... :rolleyes:

That's why we support our 2hr away LBS. They offer great service and strangely know a lot more about bikes than me?! They even talk to me nicely when I ring with stupid questions....
I just drove 15 minutes to one like that. They were the ones who called back. They were the only ones who didn't need me to explain wtf I was talking about. I didn't order it, and explained why, but I did buy a cut to length inner and outer shifter cable, a puncture kit, and some bike wash that was on special.
@nathanm price is not the big issue (although $15 to $50 is pretty big) it's more about caring and wanting to supply us. Hawkesbury Cycles for the win. It looks like they've joined some kind of distribution group

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
05. That's the one.
Not for the Nomad, for the DunCon. Nomad has a nice E13 guide on it. I have a Blackspire one off the Norco which I want to put on the DunCon.
An '05 4-cross bike that really should have had ISCG tabs.
Did you hire a hand model?:p
My hands reflect my pen pushing life....when not covered in bike grease.
I’ll chuck it in the post for you....if I remember.

FigBo0T

My hands reflect my pen pushing life....when not covered in bike grease.
I’ll chuck it in the post for you....if I remember.
Hold onto it for a few days please. I reckon I might need some more bits and pieces that you probably have. I don't know what they might be yet, but you probably have them and need to get rid of them .. . The Amstaff has been relegated to pavement duties for the time being, so not likely to have excessive chain drop.

FigBo0T

Back on topic .... conspiracy theorists, et al. A facebook page that I've seen through meandering about that asylum, posted a cool graphic recently about The Bradfield Scheme**.

We should totally do it !!!! It's a conspiracy dabnammit! ......:rolleyes: just type it into Wikipedia and read, you fucking ......... :oops:

They also had a ripper about the high speed rail about the time Eden wasn't very garden like. Last week they had one about 'ALL CYCLISTS SHOULD BE LICENSED AND PAY FULL REGISTRATION' ....................... Yeah, especially those bloody kids at the track :mad: .....

** A fantasy proposal By the civil engineer who designed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, to irrigate the inner red sands by snatching tropical rivers and routing them southward .... based on imagined and ill-conceived calculations that ignore reality in every regard.

slowmick

38-39"
House sold next door after old digger passed away at the start of last year. After 9 months of drugo relatives and visits from the cops it sold. Then nothing happened after settlement. no one moved in. couple of mystery visits where people turned up with utes and removed the kitchen and the screen doors. came home last night to a temporary fence and an excavator. Then woken up this morning by brain surgeon #1 dropping the carport onto a skip bin. Went and asked him if he had someone coming to remove the asbestos as the house was built in the late 60s. Says, yeah will be here in an hour. whole demo should take 3-4 days. says you should probably keep the kids inside for a few days. Then starts pulling off the gutters, beating them with a pry bar. I clean up and put everything we have outside in the garage, move the cars away from the fence line and go to work. My wife is pissed. Rings the council and they say it's a private dwelling and they don't have to advise on the demolition or the build.

Later the "asbestos team" turn up and dressed in p2 masks and paper suits (no glasses no gloves) and start smashing up the eve sheets and throwing them in the skip. Wife rings council, they say ring worksafe. Wife says they see her watching then and speed up work.

12 o'clock, half the house demolished work safe turns up, has words and site is shut down. Signage for demo company is taken down. Now just waiting for retribution from bogan demo team. Not a great start to getting new neighbors. They are north of us and rumor is it will be the biggest 2 story place the council will allow to house many generations. Insurance is paid up, now just waiting.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
House sold next door after old digger passed away at the start of last year. After 9 months of drugo relatives and visits from the cops it sold. Then nothing happened after settlement. no one moved in. couple of mystery visits where people turned up with utes and removed the kitchen and the screen doors. came home last night to a temporary fence and an excavator. Then woken up this morning by brain surgeon #1 dropping the carport onto a skip bin. Went and asked him if he had someone coming to remove the asbestos as the house was built in the late 60s. Says, yeah will be here in an hour. whole demo should take 3-4 days. says you should probably keep the kids inside for a few days. Then starts pulling off the gutters, beating them with a pry bar. I clean up and put everything we have outside in the garage, move the cars away from the fence line and go to work. My wife is pissed. Rings the council and they say it's a private dwelling and they don't have to advise on the demolition or the build.

Later the "asbestos team" turn up and dressed in p2 masks and paper suits (no glasses no gloves) and start smashing up the eve sheets and throwing them in the skip. Wife rings council, they say ring worksafe. Wife says they see her watching then and speed up work.

12 o'clock, half the house demolished work safe turns up, has words and site is shut down. Signage for demo company is taken down. Now just waiting for retribution from bogan demo team. Not a great start to getting new neighbors. They are north of us and rumor is it will be the biggest 2 story place the council will allow to house many generations. Insurance is paid up, now just waiting.
'Burb life ftw.

I certainly hope nothing happens, but jeez that could turn into a long term shitfest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Creak chasing in a Pivot 429SL and the main pivot bolt shearing off at the thread when I was torquing back up to spec :oops:

crosses fingers that Jetblack has these in stock

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are north of us and rumor is it will be the biggest 2 story place the council will allow to house many generations. Insurance is paid up, now just waiting.
Give the planning/building dept a call council, they often let you come in and view the plans on screen..

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to contact the owner. They probably wouldn't be too impressed that the demo mob came in and behaved like that. Plus, the owner would get your side of the story rather than what some dodgy #fkntradie decides to communicate to them.