Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Kirsty waiting 3 min in the same place a dozen breeders a day in their SUVs stop for daycare drop off and getting a ticket - the parking guy opens with "do you want it in your hand or on the window?" To which wtf? was the reply. That wont be getting paid...

Parking inspectors... Mini power trippers are very dull.

nathanm

Eats Squid
most people in generally.

But specifically today the boomer and his missus and his two friend walking 4 abreast on the footpath. My commute to work means I have to navigate 50m of footpath.

I'm going walking pace, hard left up against the shops and they are taking up the entire footpath forcing me to stop and they begrudginly then make space in the middle of them. rolling buy I hear "it's a bloody footpath for sodding sake".

So I stop and politely inform him its multi use and how about they actually be considerate and give people space to get by them. Of course the stupid grey headed old fucks just keep walking.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Myself for not checking for discrepancies on tape measures

spent 4 hours yesterday cutting with one.
this morning pick up a different one and finish the cut list.
start to assemble and WTF?
almost 1.5mm difference which may as well be a meter for this job.
Two same age not abused Lufkins.

That’s about 3 more hours added to re cut the job.
#fuckentradies

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
most people in generally.

But specifically today the boomer and his missus and his two friend walking 4 abreast on the footpath. My commute to work means I have to navigate 50m of footpath.

I'm going walking pace, hard left up against the shops and they are taking up the entire footpath forcing me to stop and they begrudginly then make space in the middle of them. rolling buy I hear "it's a bloody footpath for sodding sake".

So I stop and politely inform him its multi use and how about they actually be considerate and give people space to get by them. Of course the stupid grey headed old fucks just keep walking.
I have had this. Was abused that I was supposed to have a bell and ring it. I did you deaf fucktard, take your earphones out or turn that country shit down, I could hear it over the Hope rear hub.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Myself for not checking for discrepancies on tape measures

spent 4 hours yesterday cutting with one.
this morning pick up a different one and finish the cut list.
start to assemble and WTF?
almost 1.5mm difference which may as well be a meter for this job.
Two same age not abused Lufkins.

That’s about 3 more hours added to re cut the job.
#fuckentradies
Are you really relying on a tape measure to have an accuracy within 1.5mm, presumably over a few metres?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Are you really relying on a tape measure to have an accuracy within 1.5mm, presumably over a few metres?
On joinery grade timber yes. Doesn’t really matter if the tape is out as long as the same tape is used. In this I failed.
And with careful marking and cutting I can get a bees dick to quarter mm accuracy pretty easy.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
On joinery grade timber yes. Doesn’t really matter if the tape is out as long as the same tape is used. In this I failed.
And with careful marking and cutting I can get a bees dick to quarter mm accuracy pretty easy.
African bee obviously. Same with any measuring stick though, don't chop and change. I have seen an in calibration 25mm micrometer read differently to an in calibration 50mm micrometer. Very close and for likely all purposes close enough but still different.

stirk

Burner
Class 1 tape measures should be.
Class 2 maybe not

@Jpez are the tapes the same class?
I think they display Roman numerals to show what class they are.

Tape measure marking came up in my phone's feed the other day, diamonds show wall joists or beams spacing.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Class 2 maybe not

Tape measure marking came up in my phone's feed the other day, diamonds show wall joists or beams spacing.
Class 2 means the clip moves on the rivets from new.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Class 2 maybe not

Good question. Just the standard 8m lufkins which I always found pretty decent providing one reads the same as the next which is what’s important in my work.

I knew about classes of tapes in long distance ones but never considered for workshop tapes

Jpez

Down on the left!
Class 2 means the clip moves on the rivets from new.
I had a second year apprentice (builder provided) once that kept mis cutting by about 1mm. Got really annoying.
I then thought I’d check his tape against mine.
found that he’d hammered the riviets on the clip so there was no movement.
he thought it was a faulty tape.
Fark me.