Little Things You Hate

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I had a second year apprentice (builder provided) once that kept mis cutting by about 1mm. Got really annoying.
I then thought I’d check his tape against mine.
found that he’d hammered the riviets on the clip so there was no movement.
he thought it was a faulty tape.
Fark me.
Should've used glue ....:p

stirk

Burner
Cowardly grubs, I see very sketchy people in that area all the time, lots of unemployed drug addicts. When they are walking toward me I'm mentally prepared to react and defend. I hate to say it but drugs are one thing but the cost of cigarettes is not helping their need to get more money at any opportunity. Cigarettes will probably cost more than ice!

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIH but Big TIH

Old laptop Wind 7 got really slow last night, tried to do a turnback and it crashed which ended in a total reset. Now the fuckers have made wind 7 obsolete, nearly impossible to find all the drivers to make everything work again.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
LTIH but Big TIH

Old laptop Wind 7 got really slow last night, tried to do a turnback and it crashed which ended in a total reset. Now the fuckers have made wind 7 obsolete, nearly impossible to find all the drivers to make everything work again.
Happened to me back on XP. I've been on 10 for 3 years. Was a big update last night. Shit ran slow for hours. I hate MS so hard. I use prepaid data, and the cunts bleed me dry with constant upgrades (which are mostly about uploading our user data while making us pay) which cannot be stopped. I've tried every hack possible for 3 years. Had one 9 month period where I avoided them, but they disabled our ability to disable their bullshit. If it didn't owe me 2k this laptop would have been thrown down the driveway by now.
Fuck you Bill Gates. Seriously .... fuck you ...:mad:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Happened to me back on XP. I've been on 10 for 3 years. Was a big update last night. Shit ran slow for hours. I hate MS so hard. I use prepaid data, and the cunts bleed me dry with constant upgrades (which are mostly about uploading our user data while making us pay) which cannot be stopped. I've tried every hack possible for 3 years. Had one 9 month period where I avoided them, but they disabled our ability to disable their bullshit. If it didn't owe me 2k this laptop would have been thrown down the driveway by now.
Ubuntu.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had XP home on a PC for years and it was problematic as hell, something made it crash big time and then the Graphics card shit, so I ended up using my laptop. I upgraded to Wind 10 on it a few years ago and it was woeful so I went back to Wind 7 and hadn't had a virus for the last 3 years.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm not savvy enough for Linux. Have looked into it, but I don't have the skills.
For general internet messing around then a Linux variant should be fine. Not good for gaming.

Newer releases mostly will look after themselves. You shouldn't have to do much command line stuff.

Try something like Linux Mint off a bootable USB stick then you won't lose your Windows stuff. Cheap and easy way to try it without losing what you already have.