Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just make sure you let 'em have it from both barrels! @moorey advises it's a strong negotiation tactic.

Ltih - when you get the music to a good volume. Not so loud as to disturb the neighbours, but loud enough to hear through the house (ok it's a small house). But then one of the songs on your iPod that isn't volume sync'd with everything else comes on...and it's a LOUD one!

Also, fuck tiny house trend people. It's a fancy caravan dipshit.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, so ‘most’ of you cottoned on that the 29” ebike I’ve been posting was a demo for the wife, who wanted to get out for a ride with the kids during lock down. I’ve built her many bikes, all have sat gathering dust.
She loved getting out for a couple of 20km bush rides that would have been unthinkable on a pedal bike. 11yo daughter did same loop with me this morning. Hates to pedal, loved the lap on the eBike. Both wife and daughter couldn’t come to terms with 29” wheels though.
Wife forbidding me to buy her one. Says we can’t afford it. I say we can’t afford NOT to buy her one. She’s sleeping between shifts, so I dropped back the loaner and tried to order her one.
WTF! No such thing as a new 27.5 ebike. Not even in small frame. Other than a demo of this verb they offered me. Both my kids forbid me from buying that eyesore :(

moorey

call me Mia
Stupid Q time. Short Ebike races, and races where they allow battery swap....is everyone just running Boost mode all the time? My daughter did 90% of today’s loop on eco setting, but banged boost on for a couple of steep climbs. It’s was literally like riding a moto. She was flying up the hill, almost falling off the back with pedal strokes. How is this regulated in an eBike race? Serous Q, are you/they all just running boost hoping battery will last? Does the better battery win the race? This seems all very silly to me.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Stupid Q time. Short Ebike races, and races where they allow battery swap....is everyone just running Boost mode all the time? My daughter did 90% of today’s loop on eco setting, but banged boost on for a couple of steep climbs. It’s was literally like riding a moto. She was flying up the hill, almost falling off the back with pedal strokes. How is this regulated in an eBike race? Serous Q, are you/they all just running boost hoping battery will last? Does the better battery win the race? This seems all very silly to me.
don't really know, just guessing but
most races would be at a distance or duration where battery conservation would have to be managed very closely, and power outputs would be closely scrutinised to ensure all parties are playing on the same page.
there was a good article in a recent issue of Revolution with some possible scenario's on how races would be run.
just taking a punt here too, but your wife and daughter probably weigh 2/5th's of fcuk all, so wouldn't have really put too much strain on either the battery or torque rating of the motor.

moorey

call me Mia
don't really know, just guessing but
most races would be at a distance or duration where battery conservation would have to be managed very closely, and power outputs would be closely scrutinised to ensure all parties are playing on the same page.
there was a good article in a recent issue of Revolution with some possible scenario's on how races would be run.
just taking a punt here too, but your wife and daughter probably weigh 2/5th's of fcuk all, so wouldn't have really put too much strain on either the battery or torque rating of the motor.
Daughter weighs less.
I know power is capped, but is battery power? At Enduro nationals, Josh Carlson had the fanciest new giant eBike. Were the battery use and life the same as the other schmucks?
I honestly don’t know how these things can be compared. You could argue it’s the same with the quality, weight and spec of regular bikes...but is it? I don’t know.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Take a few days away from RB and come back to @moorey talking ebikes.. think the virus has additional symptoms....

LTIH are how many people at Stromlo given the circumstances, and clearly not following distancing guidelines. its the Bondi of Canberra at the moment and we're all going to lose it really soon (but probably should anyway - I just selfishly want my loner rides to continue)