Little Things You Hate

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I had to pick up a mates bike from Manly because he can't drive atm...he had a massive otb and did a proper number on himself last weekend. I dropped the boy at his sons b'day party yesterday and he was chipper as, dropped my daughter at a play date around the corner and by the time I got back the injured one was completely grey and over everything...endone must hella good when it's on.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I had to pick up a mates bike from Manly because he can't drive atm...he had a massive otb and did a proper number on himself last weekend. I dropped the boy at his sons b'day party yesterday and he was chipper as, dropped my daughter at a play date around the corner and by the time I got back the injured one was completely grey and over everything...endone must hella good when it's on.
Depends on the injury(s). Personally, it doesn't do much for me other than take the edge off.
Whereas the slow-acting stuff my wife had, used to send her for an absolute loop and she was off her chops till mid-morning after taking it before bed the night before.

nzhumpy

Depends on the injury(s). Personally, it doesn't do much for me other than take the edge off.
Whereas the slow-acting stuff my wife had, used to send her for an absolute loop and she was off her chops till mid-morning after taking it before bed the night before.
I've never been on it but I was amazed the difference 1.5 hours made, he went from no worries in the world to broken in such a short period, in saying that he has concussion, separated shoulder, 8 broken ribs and also managed to punctured a lung...that's a solid injury from Manly Dam.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've never been on it but I was amazed the difference 1.5 hours made, he went from no worries in the world to broken in such a short period, in saying that he has concussion, separated shoulder, 8 broken ribs and also managed to punctured a lung...that's a solid injury from Manly Dam.
Jeebus, did he screw up the fire road or 19th hole?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

19th...it's probably the only section you can to that amount of damage in one go around there...bounce one did the head and shoulder, landing at the bottom did the ribs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
19th...it's probably the only section you can to that amount of damage in one go around there...bounce one did the head and shoulder, landing at the bottom did the ribs.
I've seen some carnage on the fire road dh as well, especially from people getting the water bars wrong.

nzhumpy

My wife had it in hospital and thought I was flying around the room and sitting on the roof.
I'm pretty sure that's Andy's experience, he's not giving two hoots atm as he's booked for an op on the shoulder 9am tomorrow...fun times.

I've seen some carnage on the fire road dh as well, especially from people getting the water bars wrong.

I've come a cropper on those water bars once in a pissing down February storm blind with sweat from the helmet pads, hurt a fair bit.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
it’s working for me, take it at night when I need to sleep. Panadol and nurofen takes the edge off. But the flare ups of pain still need the endone.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends on the injury(s).
I had a few packets when i came home after last surgery as I found i didnt want or need them after earlier surgery but they gave them to me on discharge. my swollen bowels which had just been reconnected were partly blocked and i was getting incredible cramps every 3 minutes for about 10 days. Endone did nothing for the pain, but pain was so bad i ate them to try and do something. Was the only time I wished we had easy access to legal weed even though I haven't had or wanted it otherwise

nathanm

Eats Squid
didn't read the Canyon disclaimer that they charge in an international currency so my new bike just cost $150 more due to bank fees.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Aren’t you handing it back now the Merida is home?
No mate, just waiting to hear back from CGU about either giving it to them or buying it back off of them.

Copper is a rider himself and he's suggested i'm not going to want it back as they have tried to pull parts from it, without the proper tools.

Can't tell if you're asking tongue in cheek, banter, or having a crack though? It has been suggested that I should have just let the thieving scum have it seeing as I got the insurance money. Personally I wanted them caught so that perhaps the police can actually stop these low lifes either stealing or buying stolen property so some other poor rider doesn't get their stuff nicked. But maybe that's just me?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aus Post, or what ever there so called courier arm is 'Star Track Express'

You order stuff on-line so you don't have to go and get it right? Kind of important with the crap going on in Vic at the moment.

Idiot rolls up and simply posts a 'sorry we missed you' under the door. Two adults and two kids in the house, not a single knock!
After hearing the noise run out the front to them driving off.
My 7yo tells me they never even brought a package up, he watched them from the front room, must have just pre-written the note in the van and 'delivered' that. Not sure exactly what that achieves? Makes her rounds faster? Weird.

Now have to go out to the post office to pick it up :mad:

moorey

call me Mia
No mate, just waiting to hear back from CGU about either giving it to them or buying it back off of them.

Copper is a rider himself and he's suggested i'm not going to want it back as they have tried to pull parts from it, without the proper tools.

Can't tell if you're asking tongue in cheek, banter, or having a crack though? It has been suggested that I should have just let the thieving scum have it seeing as I got the insurance money. Personally I wanted them caught so that perhaps the police can actually stop these low lifes either stealing or buying stolen property so some other poor rider doesn't get their stuff nicked. But maybe that's just me?
Wasn’t taking the piss. You’d said that all was sweet aside from missing pedals. No mention of damage to other parts unless I missed it.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Wasn’t taking the piss. You’d said that all was sweet aside from missing pedals. No mention of damage to other parts unless I missed it.
my bad then. Anxiety is peaking as it looked perfectly fine in the single facebook pic they popped up as it had the bright blue grips and brand new prime saddle. At the "sting" I was hiding behind the cop car so the crim couldn't get a good look at me so only got to have a quick look, confirm it was mine (though the paint chip on the downtube plus the custom grips/saddle) and then got out of there in case "her dad" was hanging around which I'm sure he was.
Now I've got the stress of worrying what the insurance company is going to want to do now I've just spend $5150 ($1k of my own money included) on a new Canyon to replace the bike that I'm getting back which apparently may have been hacked at. I'm not exactly in a position or want to send the new bike back but CGU are welcome to the Merida regardless of what condition its in.