Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes, being able to ride past a cafe grabbing a nice coffee on my way to my trails is a curse. All with no one trying to kill you on the roads. You can keep your "civilisation" Poodle...
Well currently I'm not really sure it is my civilisation...actual photo from my daily pedal.

Also note most drivers in WA seem to be less intent on killing cyclists and have an almost polite approach to us.

where as at home, should I decide that the 30m walk to the nearest cafe is not for me and I wish to venture forth on the lengthy harbourside cycleway then I must endure the risk that in Newcastle even the cyclists want to kill other cyclists. What a strange bunch of fuckwits they are!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll tell anyone who'll listen.

And no, but if you don't give all the information, its hard to make a call. Maybe if you'd said 'LTIH is leaking shimano master cylinders'....
Never had it happen in 16 years of shimano use personally. My mate did.....but thought that sewing machine oil would work. Spoiler, it doesn't.
Too viscous?

moorey

call me Mia
Is that like the time when you used to say you'd never run a chainguide because of clutch derailluers / NW rings?

Also the fact that its mentioned in pinkbike means it's probably been happening for a good while...
You triggered Bro? :(
Can only talk from personal experience. Never used to drop chains, happened 2x in a race, changed my opinion and run guides now on most bikes. Not all.
Re Shimano, never said it never happens. Clearly it does. Has never happened to me or the people’s bikes I work on. Millions of sets out there, some are bound to fail.
I have been wrong on many things. I’ll be wrong on many more. Sorry about your brakes.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
You triggered Bro? :(
Can only talk from personal experience. Never used to drop chains, happened 2x in a race, changed my opinion and run guides now on most bikes. Not all.
Re Shimano, never said it never happens. Clearly it does. Has never happened to me or the people’s bikes I work on. Millions of sets out there, some are bound to fail.
I have been wrong on many things. I’ll be wrong on many more. Sorry about your brakes.
Im sad because every time my bike is running mint something shitty fails. :('

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've got one in similar limbo from UK. Landed in Melbourne July 29th, processed August 2nd, then nothing. Tracking enquiry lodged two weeks ago, no response to that yet either. :mad:
Yep. I had a package that took a month to get from me to Brisbane. A whole fucking 3 hours away. After nearly a month Aus Post finally admitted they didn't know where it was. On a Thurs I sent them my bank details for compensation. On Mon the following week my package magically arrived to it's destination, but they still managed to stop the compensation payment before it hit my account. Sso they're not dead slow at some things..... ;)
Got a response which was 99.5% excuse-laden waffle; among the guff it begged for another 10 business days, and if not delivered by Sept. 11th, go apeshit (OK, that might be slight paraphrase). Shot one back to say that I'll wait until then, but if still not delivered I'll be requesting and expecting compo.

Minlak

custom titis
Daily update - no parcel - no response from shop - no response from Aus Post escalation

Sending daily email to shop requesting updates now - latest email includes -

I don’t want to just order another adapter from you purely because the current approach to freight is it may or may not get there but if you pay for express it may or may not get to there sooner

gunna order from Wolf tooth OS and see if it beats the current order here

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daily update - no parcel - no response from shop - no response from Aus Post escalation
havent you seen that the execs lining up for $7m in bonuses have asked postal workers to do unpaid overtime in their own cars to clear the backlog. blame those lazy workers for not delivering your parcel at their own expense. sure couldnt be poor performance at the top with those bonuses being thrown around

Minlak

custom titis
So new update on my tracking - the parcel that was in Brisbane on 25th August and only 4 hours away from me has just been processed for delivery on 2nd September at Mornington Tas and expected to be delivered on Friday lol - sure it will be

Minlak

custom titis
havent you seen that the execs lining up for $7m in bonuses have asked postal workers to do unpaid overtime in their own cars to clear the backlog. blame those lazy workers for not delivering your parcel at their own expense. sure couldnt be poor performance at the top with those bonuses being thrown around
Yes saw that - and the backlog is actually a Victorian thing it seems unique to Victoria- spike to my local PO they said shouldn’t be significant delays in any other location.