Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH....PayPal when you have an issue.
They charged me twice for the one purchase from CRC. Messaged them every day for last 3 days, they say they will respond within a few hours...never did.
Rang them, waited ages, they offered a callback service as they were busy. They eventually call back, I explain the situation, they acknowledge they've charged me twice erroneously, and tell me I have to contact my bank. I point out that its a PayPal issue, and the bank won't help me, she keeps saying to contact my bank to resolve it. My inner Karen starts to bubble up, and I ask if there is someone else I can talk to about this?

She hangs up.
Ok, another 45 minute wait, and a frustrating 20 minute attempt to rectify, that I'm not confident will work. I've been charged the $204 twice, both have been debited from my account over a week ago, and PayPay want me to pay a 3rd time to clear up the matter, then guarantee that within 5 working days, they will credit the second 2 payments back to me, clearing up the matter....one to clear a debt (which I shouldn't have,and one to credit me my $204.
Am I the only one WTF'ing over the handling of their mistake?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At Buller, (no doubt by design), the DH tracks really don't impact the ski runs. It's through tight tree sections, and where it crosses over the ski runs, its essentially off camber transitions to the other side. At the bottom of international, there's a couple of dirt mounds off the side, used as bike jumps, but I don't even think this part is used as a ski run? Can't be sure, haven't boarded there in 15+ years.

Either way, its a shit situation, and the Mountain is going to die a quick death if its's relying on the snow season to support it.
Australia's snow season is small market with a (most likely) short future. Go bikes!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ok, another 45 minute wait, and a frustrating 20 minute attempt to rectify, that I'm not confident will work. I've been charged the $204 twice, both have been debited from my account over a week ago, and PayPay want me to pay a 3rd time to clear up the matter, then guarantee that within 5 working days, they will credit the second 2 payments back to me, clearing up the matter....one to clear a debt (which I shouldn't have,and one to credit me my $204.
Am I the only one WTF'ing over the handling of their mistake?View attachment 368123View attachment 368124View attachment 368125
Nope, that's fucked. Should be a straight refund on the double-charge. Any error is on their side, so they should be resolving it.

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers, can't see any possible reason why it wouldn't be. Ima wait till tomorrow which is the 5 day business period that may bring a refund...but may not. He really didn't seem to know what was happening either. While i'm at it, cuss the 3-5 working day thing. It's an electronic bank transfer...the internet doesn't shut down Friday arvo and fire up again Monday....or does it.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers, can't see any possible reason why it wouldn't be. Ima wait till tomorrow which is the 5 day business period that may bring a refund...but may not. He really didn't seem to know what was happening either. While i'm at it, cuss the 3-5 working day thing. It's an electronic bank transfer...the internet doesn't shut down Friday arvo and fire up again Monday....or does it.....
"Banks" like to take your money out of your account, hold I for a little while as if it is their own, make a micro profit, then and it on.

moorey

call me Mia
"Banks" like to take your money out of your account, hold I for a little while as if it is their own, make a micro profit, then and it on.
They do...and I assume PayPal also do. I told him as much, but he assured me they didn't, despite the fact they've had my money since 5th.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They do...and I assume PayPal also do. I told him as much, but he assured me they didn't, despite the fact they've had my money since 5th.
It does sound like something pretty straightforward that they should be able to fix immediately.
CRC have jumped the shark sometime ago and this is probably part of the extended decline unfortunately. They used to be a great operation.

moorey

call me Mia
It does sound like something pretty straightforward that they should be able to fix immediately.
CRC have jumped the shark sometime ago and this is probably part of the extended decline unfortunately. They used to be a great operation.
I didn’t see it as a CRC thing....maybe it was....looked like PayPals. CRC hadn’t taken the second payment, it was sitting with PayPal.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I didn’t see it as a CRC thing....maybe it was....looked like PayPals. CRC hadn’t taken the second payment, it was sitting with PayPal.
Ah, Ok. I like to run off and blame the first one I can straight up.

PayPal haven't been too bad to deal with for me. Give their friendly call centre a call.

moorey

call me Mia
I say fire off a or man bukaki load of Karen rage! Spray it everywhere and demand a sponsorship.
You mean how like the first time, she immediately hung up on me when I asked if I could speak to someone else? She’s on minimum pay on the other side of the world (Nebraska), they’ll just hang up and make me spend 45 min waiting again

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You mean how like the first time, she immediately hung up on me when I asked if I could speak to someone else? She’s on minimum pay on the other side of the world (Nebraska), they’ll just hang up and make me spend 45 min waiting again
Nooooooooo....you have social media. Then call up radio national, Jonesy, lawesy, ray Martin, that other guy. You gotta go big! In this slow news era you could get some front page telegraph coverage. Are you holding an anti PayPal rally? It's time. I probably should have said a smart Karen.

Attachments

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Am I the only one WTF'ing over the handling of their mistake?View attachment 368123View attachment 368124View attachment 368125
WTF?!?! They’re on some wacky drugs.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks like our premier took the expression of getting into bed with developers literally. and her get out of jail card is claiming she told her corrupt partner not to tell her about it. What are the odds of an operation pedro this week to put those horrible people on bikes on the front age instead

Flow-Rider

Burner
looks like our premier took the expression of getting into bed with developers literally. and her get out of jail card is claiming she told her corrupt partner not to tell her about it. What are the odds of an operation pedro this week to put those horrible people on bikes on the front age instead
The LNP opposition leader in Qld just got dobbed in by it's own party for taking money from developers. What a toxic culture, just wait for a few weeks out from election and throw the knives in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am feeling a little "I knew it!" after years of saying she would be fine out for her corruption.

moorey

call me Mia
The ongoing PayPal saga......after the last gentleman promised yesterday that it would be cleared up by start of business today....it hasn't. They credited back the $204 that they erroneously had showing as a negative balance, but didn't refund the actual $204 that they double charged me for (they alternate between denying they did, and acknowledging they did).
This took another 2x30 minute phone calls, and more promises that it would be sorted by tomorrow, and that I just need to be patient.
I can't say I've ever had an issue with PP before, and I use it a lot, but reckon I'll be opting for a CC payment more in the future, if this is an indication of how hard they are to deal with when something goes wrong.... :(

Minlak

custom titis
The ongoing PayPal saga......after the last gentleman promised yesterday that it would be cleared up by start of business today....it hasn't. They credited back the $204 that they erroneously had showing as a negative balance, but didn't refund the actual $204 that they double charged me for (they alternate between denying they did, and acknowledging they did).
This took another 2x30 minute phone calls, and more promises that it would be sorted by tomorrow, and that I just need to be patient.
I can't say I've ever had an issue with PP before, and I use it a lot, but reckon I'll be opting for a CC payment more in the future, if this is an indication of how hard they are to deal with when something goes wrong.... :(
I believe some credit cards have both insurance for payments made and also are much easier to do charge backs - also less likely to actually be double charged when paying by credit card and if you do it will be on the retailer to issue the refund as first point of call - no joy just call bank and get a charge back done.

I think ANZ had Falcon?? some insurance piece of mind thing for online transactions - aslo some cards like i think the 28degs card have no international transactions fees

moorey

call me Mia
Calling PP is a big enough chore. At least 15 minutes of running through menus, and being connected to a person.....then likely being told they will call you back when a person is available. Additionally, Naomi uses the joint account, so her email is on there as well. They keep insisting that she also jump on the call to verify I have permission to use the account...FFS...
Rant over, I just don't do 'patient' well when I've been fucked around :p. Hope it's all resolved by tomorrow.