Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
Christmas-themed ads on telly. In the middle of October. Similarly, my local stupormarket has had mince pies for about three weeks now.
Pay attention to Woolies and Coles on January 2 for the Hot Cross Buns - As a really old person it started as a marketing thing to get people's money earlier under the guise of layby's etc where they helped ease the "Christmas Burden" by allowing you to start buying your stuff 3 mths before ish ( there has also been Christmas in July pushes on occassions). And now its just the norm - Christmas lights in particular are all snapped up early to make garish neighborhood displays for people to ogle

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Pay attention to Woolies and Coles on January 2 for the Hot Cross Buns - As a really old person it started as a marketing thing to get people's money earlier under the guise of layby's etc where they helped ease the "Christmas Burden" by allowing you to start buying your stuff 3 mths before ish ( there has also been Christmas in July pushes on occassions). And now its just the norm - Christmas lights in particular are all snapped up early to make garish neighborhood displays for people to ogle
You are just bitter you were forced to take down the cock and balls light display on yourbroof last year. I thought it was awesome.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Christmas-themed ads on telly. In the middle of October. Similarly, my local stupormarket has had mince pies for about three weeks now.
Mince pies are the greatest treat ever and should be available year round!
Also, although I hate it, I've already started my xmas shopping as some items will be high demand/low stock, and shipping is going to be a nightmare

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My children like hot cross buns regardless of the time of year. Fuck seasonal processed shit, let's have it all the time!
I love hot cross buns. I love fruit toast. Perhaps they could make fruit buns?

I love mince pies too. I love when they are available for longer.

But the marketing push that goes with it is shit.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Back in the office... This just feels wrong.

But, we are required back in 60% now :( Dogs will be not happy.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back in the office... This just feels wrong.

But, we are required back in 60% now :( Dogs will be not happy.
That was quick!
We've been told that we likely won't be back, except for meetings by exception, until January. Not really sure if that's a LTIH or LTIL...