Little Things You Hate

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I thought I would give my LBS another crack to win me back today..
went in looking for a 31.6 seatpost, nice fellow checked his stock but alas only the usual stock of 27.2 and the odd 30.9 thrown in for good measure...then he proceeded to ask me if I had measured it correctly as he was not very familiar with that size "are you sure it wasn't 31.8?"
Do you even bike?

Minlak

custom titis
went in looking for a 31.6 seatpost, nice fellow checked his stock but alas only the usual stock of 27.2 and the odd 30.9 thrown in for good measure...then he proceeded to ask me if I had measured it correctly as he was not very familiar with that size "are you sure it wasn't 31.8?"
Do you even bike?
Did he have a 31.8 in stock? Lol

I assume he got confused with stems somehow???

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Do you even bike?
My LBS story from today was that I called up and confirmed that they had a brake hose in stock and was the length I needed.

I asked if they could install it while I was there, they say it's a week to take it off the bike and size it up. Ok, I tell him that I'll bring in just the brake. No worries he says well do it when you come in.

I turn up and confirm everything is good and hand the brake over. This workshop manager (supposedly) type guys says he'll see me in a week.

I go over what was said on the phone, he basically calls me a liar because he apparently heard the other guy on the phone to me.

Then he asks the guy I spoke to on the phone, who said yeah, it's just a cable, and Mr Douche still says it'll be a week.

I really wished they weren't the only place in stock and I didn't need it urgently for the weekend... :(

Just reinforces why I go into a LBS about once a year. I'm sure there's good ones around, but they rarely are when I walk in.