Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My LBS story from today was that I called up and confirmed that they had a brake hose in stock and was the length I needed.

I asked if they could install it while I was there, they say it's a week to take it off the bike and size it up. Ok, I tell him that I'll bring in just the brake. No worries he says well do it when you come in.

I turn up and confirm everything is good and hand the brake over. This workshop manager (supposedly) type guys says he'll see me in a week.

I go over what was said on the phone, he basically calls me a liar because he apparently heard the other guy on the phone to me.

Then he asks the guy I spoke to on the phone, who said yeah, it's just a cable, and Mr Douche still says it'll be a week.

I really wished they weren't the only place in stock and I didn't need it urgently for the weekend... :(

Just reinforces why I go into a LBS about once a year. I'm sure there's good ones around, but they rarely are when I walk in.
What hose do you need?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Rather than wait a week :p
Yep. That's right. Got Falls on the weekend and have to get the new rig up and running!

Just happened that I gave my rear brake off the old dually to my nephew so he could ride this weekend. Turns out the rear brake from the hardtail won't fit an xl dually... Who woulda thunk it?? :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Here's a few fresh ideas

- people under 25 that line up for the bar, but then when it is their turn to be served they don't already have some proof of age out. You've watched me ask every other person in front of you, what makes you think I'm not going to ask you?

- dudes who are like 18 and a day that get pissy that I don't run tap beer.

- actually anyone stupid enough to ask what beer I have in tap...there are no beers on tap, there are no taps! You can see there are none, use your brain. For one or two of them they get a beer poured by Marcel Marceau and it is free.

Minlak

custom titis
Here's a few fresh ideas

- people under 25 that line up for the bar, but then when it is their turn to be served they don't already have some proof of age out. You've watched me ask every other person in front of you, what makes you think I'm not going to ask you?
While we are mad at these people can we also be mad at the people that have to look for their wallet / purse at the register - How the fuck did you think you were going to pay mother fucker?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Here's a few fresh ideas

- dudes who are like 18 and a day that get pissy that I don't run tap beer.

- actually anyone stupid enough to ask what beer I have in tap...there are no beers on tap, there are no taps! You can see there are none, use your brain. For one or two of them they get a beer poured by Marcel Marceau and it is free.
LTIH ... bars that don't have beer on tap

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Probably not a hate, but going out for tea this Saturday night with friends.
Anxiety been a constant in my life. I like the idea of catching up with friends, but in a public setting really gives me the jitters. With covid and not getting out in this sort of setting for quite a while, I guess has eased the tension and has not really been present much. I'll probably be a freaking mess come Saturday afternoon.
Not sure why I am writing about it on here. I guess seeing if any others deal with this sort of thing?

moorey

call me Mia
Anxiety been a constant in my life. I like the idea of catching up with friends, but in a public setting really gives me the jitters. With covid and not getting out in this sort of setting for quite a while, I guess has eased the tension and has not really been present much. I'll probably be a freaking mess come Saturday afternoon.
Not sure why I am writing about it on here. I guess seeing if any others deal with this sort of thing?
I haaate parties, pubs, weddings, conference mingles etc. I’ll talk shit anywhere, anytime with anyone no issues, but the expectations of polite chat in those settings....I can’t get out quick enough.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep, plus a food allergy (anaphylaxis) and having to deal with everyone either teasing you about what you can't have, or telling you can have whatever they're eating too because it doesn't have (whole) nuts in it. Unsurprisingly, I don't go out much. Luckily I'm a pretty solitary creature generally, but sometimes it does get a bit lonely.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm similar. Pretty good with friends, but the busier the place the worse I get. Crowds just freak me the fuck out (one of the many reasons why I generally ride alone and head out 1st thing in the morning). Worst of all, my main anxiety reaction is to sweat like crazy, so I look like I've just come out of a swimming pool.

I have found that if I really concentrate on a conversation with one person i can block out a lot my surroundings and it makes things a bit easier.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow , we are all freaks of nature .

im a crowd . party, conference hating freak a zoid too
riding is done alone and away from other humans

But I've always had jobs that involve talking - on the phone - can build and instant rapport with someone .

In person , just a nut - rambling , fruitcake ...

@Art Vanderlay - i recently went out to dinner in regional vic - it was nice , and all parties were respectful of the social distancing
@beeb 0 i feel for you , my mum ( bless her ) is a well what could happen - she gave my BIL mustard once after we had said there can be no mustard with 500km !
oh it was only a little bit , as he turned all colours and was decidedly unwell

Some times family - ya could kill em

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I don't have an anxiety problem with crowds or anything like that, but if the crowd is too big and the background noise becomes too loud, I can't hear a fucking thing and I just sit there watching. Which gets Mrs George's anxiety up because she thinks I'm upset and not joining in, when I'm just chilling. If I concentrate really hard on one voice I can hear most of what they say.

Reactions: PJO