Little Things You Hate

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
WTF can't I afford to buy a bike that I ride for 200km, then tell everyone it's beloved and the best fucking bike I've ever owned, but I'm selling it as I don't have the time to ride it??? Is it too much to ask???????

Minlak

custom titis
Annnnnddddddd still at Langley airport a week later - I just want to try new brake pads to see if the squealing stops :) _ might take the pads out of one of the other bikes for funzies - The squealing is less but random and none of the other bikes squeal - its annoying

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
telstra screw up the bill ands massively overcharge, go to TIO for about 75% of the value as a credit. 2 weeks later Telstra send a mail saying we've credited X amount but you better still pay the new balance (which they dont state, just that we credited X) by the original date or we'll charge a late fee. Open up the original bill and the amount they credited me is the entire amount of the bill, not just what i was asking. So they're demanding I not be late in paying them $0. Give my experience with telstra i'll still be asked to pay a late fee

Minlak

custom titis
telstra screw up the bill ands massively overcharge, go to TIO for about 75% of the value as a credit. 2 weeks later Telstra send a mail saying we've credited X amount but you better still pay the new balance (which they dont state, just that we credited X) by the original date or we'll charge a late fee. Open up the original bill and the amount they credited me is the entire amount of the bill, not just what i was asking. So they're demanding I not be late in paying them $0. Give my experience with telstra i'll still be asked to pay a late fee
I used to work for Telstra - So what they are saying is the original amount they billed you for will come due before the credit processes in their system. So you will show as overdue even though you aren't and the system will auto generate a late fee. Depends onw here the credit gets applied in the billing cycle.

We used to tell people to pay the original bill they got - Then the credit will land and they wont get a late fee and they will just be in credit for "X" amount on the next bill.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the issue is that i cancelled my service with them, so dont trust them with the credit. they'll send a cheque again just to be difficult

Minlak

custom titis
the issue is that i cancelled my service with them, so dont trust them with the credit. they'll send a cheque again just to be difficult
Ahh if that's the case ignore it until they send the next bill - if there is a late charge you will have to get them to credit it.

slowmick

38-39"
@tubby74 - do you have an automated system (private number) calling telling you to pay the bill yet? It's great, you follow the prompts and it eventually tells you to use the app and hangs up. I got 4 calls on Monday afternoon from them for a service I don't have and a bill they haven't sent.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I just got off the phone to Telstra just now, my parents have had the same mailing address for the past 60 years and out of nowhere they sent the bill and addressed it to next door, which of course was then paid late, incurred a late fee but the second bill with the late fee was addressed correctly. :mad:o_O

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
@tubby74 - do you have an automated system (private number) calling telling you to pay the bill yet? It's great, you follow the prompts and it eventually tells you to use the app and hangs up. I got 4 calls on Monday afternoon from them for a service I don't have and a bill they haven't sent.
I get those helpful calls from Telstra which is impressive since I'm not a Telstra customer.
Bruce Smith from Telstra sure has a very Chennai accent too.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I get those helpful calls from Telstra which is impressive since I'm not a Telstra customer.
Bruce Smith from Telstra sure has a very Chennai accent too.
The one I spoke to this morning was very fluent in English, but some Americano/ Philippine accents are a little bit hard to comprehend at times.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
LTIH: recording myself speak.

I need to give a talk next week but due to covid its virtual and talks need to be pre-recorded and then we do live q&a. Its horrible listening to yourself over and over to get it right...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH: recording myself speak.

I need to give a talk next week but due to covid its virtual and talks need to be pre-recorded and then we do live q&a. Its horrible listening to yourself over and over to get it right...
You just discovered you don't have a honey smooth dark chocolate voice Afterall?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
have all the cues, my voice isn't so bad - just feel like it has to be perfect when its recorded vs live

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That feeling when you start work and everybody, including the manager and business owner, say "I didn't think you were working today?"

It contrasts nicely with the feeling of the roster showing you are meant to be at work.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That feeling when you start work and everybody, including the manager and business owner, say "I didn't think you were working today?"

It contrasts nicely with the feeling of the roster showing you are meant to be at work.
That's one thing I really hate, work places that make their own rules as they go along. I've worked for a few of those before.

One place I worked at, we used to alternate working every second Saturday, come one long weekend and I get told on the Friday because it's a long weekend you need to work 2 weekends straight. Well, that didn't go down well because I had a huge bender planned with the boys months in advance. My mates knowing I had to work in the morning encouraged me with free jugs all night, I left the nightclub at 4 in the morning still tanked. Oh boy was the Boss very happy to see me dryreach before I even got to the door. :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hahahaha! That's probably one of the good (is it though?) things bout working in hospitality...on the rare time I've (or anyone else) turned up still wet or dusty everybody, boss included, gets excited about it. There's an tangible "wohooo!" vibe that must about reclaiming some freedom from the mundane routine of serving it up for other people.