Little Things You Hate

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
He hasn’t posted anything about breaking something in your fuckwits thread so I imagine he isn’t giving too many.
I took the crank off OK so no fuckwittery to report thus far. Of course that could change once I get my cinch chainring and I actually ride it on the trails!

stirk

Burner
I saw a brand new 2021 Tundra in Canberra the other day - ducking hooooooge.... Lot of dollars converting it to RHD.
I saw a Matt Black coloured tundra in my local village and faaark it is big. It had the obligatory wanker large diameter rims with low profile mud tires, must be a weapon off road especially on the beach.

stirk

Burner
Don’t need to buy a torque wrench @HamboCairns, just give it a few more ugga dugga’s than usual.
Ugga dugga's are metered by measure of the tool used to ugga.

I've worked in a sugar mill where the nuts are 6 inches and the spanner is belted with a sledge hammer to torque. And then work on a bicycle with tiny nuts which do require some feel.

It's all about the feels of the nuts and bolts right, you just need the get to know them and you'll be right.

stirk

Burner
But I hate snapping a bolt by using an impact driver to undo it. Crack crack crack fast whirring noise then snap! Oh fuck. Slow and steady wins.

Old car not a bicycle.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ugga dugga's are metered by measure of the tool used to ugga.

I've worked in a sugar mill where the nuts are 6 inches and the spanner is belted with a sledge hammer to torque. And then work on a bicycle with tiny nuts which do require some feel.

It's all about the feels of the nuts and bolts right, you just need the get to know them and you'll be right.
Is the torque on those 6" nuts measured by the weight of the hammer?

For bike stuff I have a pretty well tuned torque finger; hold the allen key in the knuckle closest to the tip of my index finger, on a 4mm hex, the finger grip releases pretty well on 6Nm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is the torque on those 6" nuts measured by the weight of the hammer?

For bike stuff I have a pretty well tuned torque finger; hold the allen key in the knuckle closest to the tip of my index finger, on a 4mm hex, the finger grip releases pretty well on 6Nm.
You're going to need 10 fingers to hit 60Nm!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
WTF Pushys, from $138 ($118 with code) a week ago, to $199... now $209 :mad:

#1 smashed his off at the weekend so it looks like my supposed spare is gone before it even arrives :rolleyes:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I often wonder if the Pushys website runs an algorithm based on demand. ie: Sales go quiet, prices drop, flurry of sales, prices jump up again. I can't imagine they manually monitor that many prices, so it makes sense to me...