Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like he is pouring imaginary salt and pepper into his crotch.

LTIH - after a year of being super conscious with my eating habits my cholesterol remains high. I want to avoid life long medication if I can, but I regularly venture into max heart rate territory and I'm not going to be one of those blokes that looks fit but keels over. So its off for CT scans now to see if its just high but not causing any problems.

Unfortunately I doubled down with my cancer blood test and its on the move too, I was expecting that, and it's not dramatically so, but combined with the cholesterol results that I thought I could influence its a double bummer.

Think I will have a bourbon tonite (yes on a school night) , I have a bottle of Russell Brothers, its good stuff, and it makes me feel like a connoisseur.

Now where did I put my monocle ?
Well that's frustrating news. Enjoy the bourbon and goodest of luck with the quest towards better health reviews.

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH - after a year of being super conscious with my eating habits my cholesterol remains high. I want to avoid life long medication if I can, but I regularly venture into max heart rate territory and I'm not going to be one of those blokes that looks fit but keels over. So its off for CT scans now to see if its just high but not causing any problems.
Not saying don’t work on lowering it, but some people just have naturally higher levels. Discussed this in the food discipline thread. I haven’t eaten a thing containing cholesterol for 25 years, but my doc notes that my level is like that of many meat eaters on the low side. Something like low 2’s from memory.
As I say though, not saying don’t work on lowering it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Where's the order from @leitch ?
BikeInn aha. Cheapest micro spline RatchetEXP freehub I could find and a Shimano DM chainring. Sitting in a depot in Amsterdam.

Anyway, no rush, don’t need it til the frame comes and that won’t be for a while yet so all good. Just couldn’t help but laugh when it updated.

Not saying don’t work on lowering it, but some people just have naturally higher levels. Discussed this in the food discipline thread. I haven’t eaten a thing containing cholesterol for 25 years, but my doc notes that my level is like that of many meat eaters on the low side. Something like low 2’s from memory.
Fortunately I like most of the foods that are good for lowering it naturally, but no way I am shelling out anymore for weetbix, milk etc with sterols added. All they do is lower the contents of my wallet.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Its an erratic timeframe, its was getting better, then a few are taking a long time. Still a lottery ordering from Germany, it may come in 2 weeks but factor 4 at the outside.
Yeah I was expecting it so it was fine, but the tracking simply not updating for weeks was annoying. But I guess we were all pretty spoiled beforehand.

relaxing with a bourbon must be good for the blood pressure. markers on the move are always anxiety inducing even when they say its all normal fluctuations
Thanks Tubbs, alas aforementioned bourbon did not come to fruition as I was playing kid taxi and didn't get home until 10pm.

Ate some bread instead, a rebel's gotta rebel yo.

Jpez

Down on the left!
BikeInn aha. Cheapest micro spline RatchetEXP freehub I could find and a Shimano DM chainring. Sitting in a depot in Amsterdam.

Anyway, no rush, don’t need it til the frame comes and that won’t be for a while yet so all good. Just couldn’t help but laugh when it updated.
I bought a cassette from R2bike. Really cheap. It said in stock. Then get an email saying sorry it wasn’t, but we’ll let you know when it is.
Then I started getting auto updates weekly which basically said ”we have no fucking idea when you’ll get it”. Well at least that’s honest I thought.
I wasn’t in a rush either so I waited. Then get another update saying it’s been dispatched! Woohoo.
3 weeks later it’s still sitting in Frankfurt.
not fussed as I don’t have my new frame for a while.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Most cholesterol is made from other fats in your blood .At least 50% genetic.
IF you have no other risk factors total under 7 is OK.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I have a replacement brake lever coming from Taiwan via the Hubble Telescope.
I bought a cassette from R2bike. Really cheap. It said in stock. Then get an email saying sorry it wasn’t, but we’ll let you know when it is.
Then I started getting auto updates weekly which basically said ”we have no fucking idea when you’ll get it”. Well at least that’s honest I thought.
I wasn’t in a rush either so I waited. Then get another update saying it’s been dispatched! Woohoo.
3 weeks later it’s still sitting in Frankfurt.
not fussed as I don’t have my new frame for a while.
My new bike build is progressing in a similarly useless fashion. Want a dropper post? July. Maybe. Cranks? July. 2022 (although that's kinda my fault as I'm being fussy with the cranks I want).
However the delays do have a benefit as they allow me more time to flex out my 2 minute noodle diet so I can pay for it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
My new bike build is progressing in a similarly useless fashion. Want a dropper post? July. Maybe. Cranks? July. 2022 (although that's kinda my fault as I'm being fussy with the cranks I want).
What cranks? I wanted to get Ingrid for the Nicolai but between lead time and $$ I went Shimano hah.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What cranks? I wanted to get Ingrid for the Nicolai but between lead time and $$ I went Shimano hah.
Oooooooh.... Ingrid. Noice. I'm assuming if I'm asking how much I can't afford it?

Speaking of, I briefly looked at some eewings after seeing them on a mate's bike. Briefly being the key word. F***

I'm just going for some X01 cranks for no other reason than I've had some older ones and liked them and the new ones will be super matchy with other stuff going on on the bike which is obviously the most important thing ever.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Oooooooh.... Ingrid. Noice. I'm assuming if I'm asking how much I can't afford it?

Speaking of, I briefly looked at some eewings after seeing them on a mate's bike. Briefly being the key word. F***

I'm just going for some X01 cranks for no other reason than I've had some older ones and liked them and the new ones will be super matchy with other stuff going on on the bike which is obviously the most important thing ever.
~$600 once you add chainring. Then BB on top. Bit excessive really but fuck they’re sexy.