Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH - State government tourism body using footage from my favourite unsanctioned trails in their social media promo vids. The trails aren't even in the location they are trying to promote!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
LTIH - State government tourism body using footage from my favourite unsanctioned trails in their social media promo vids. The trails aren't even in the location they are trying to promote!
I saw that and it took me a while to figure out what was going on, still not sure what they're trying to promote "come to NSW and ride rails that don't exist and are well above the skill level of our traditional target market". I wonder if they commissioned the footage that was used.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But.....they haven't publicised your trails. They have shown random trail footage to advertise a totally different place. You should be quietly proud.
Maybe I misunderstand the situation and should celebrate? But this is an area where land owners and authorities love to demolish trails.

As for being proud, other than moving fallen tree and foot sweeping corners etc I have no right to be proud about these fine trails.

I saw that and it took me a while to figure out what was going on, still not sure what they're trying to promote "come to NSW and ride rails that don't exist and are well above the skill level of our traditional target market". I wonder if they commissioned the footage that was used.
It's a strange flex. Why not promote some of the good riding options in the area that are sanctioned, provide a wider range of riding and have easier accessibility? The Awaba race trail network or glenrock lagoon quickly spring to mind...both of which have enjoyed some state government funds in the past.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Maybe I misunderstand the situation and should celebrate? But this is an area where land owners and authorities love to demolish trails.

As for being proud, other than moving fallen tree and foot sweeping corners etc I have no right to be proud about these fine trails.

It's a strange flex. Why not promote some of the good riding options in the area that are sanctioned, provide a wider range of riding and have easier accessibility? The Awaba race trail network or glenrock lagoon quickly spring to mind...both of which have enjoyed some state government funds in the past.
Have you seen the work that they are doing at Grock at the moment?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Link? Curious about it
No. I'm not encouraging any specific attention.

Not yet, haven't been there for a few weeks. I head there was some "big plans" about to happen, but remain sceptical as always about the execution. Have you got a bit of a progress report @fatboyonabike? I doubt I'll get near it until mid July.

A lot of customers in tonight wearing masks...now I take my covid safety reasonably seriously but I also enjoy getting paid. Still of you are worried enough to wear a mask, wouldn't you stay home or avoid significant indoor crowds? And fuck me if these mask wearers didn't mostly want to pay cash! Just tap your card and put your filthy money in a jar!

Flow-Rider

Burner
You'll probably go back there next time and nothing is there because some goose crashed and ended up in ED.

moorey

call me Mia
LTIL: Getting the kids off to school and all my poo in one sock comfortably this morning. Walking out the door with enough time to grab a coffee before first meeting.....

LTIH: Noticing wifey has a flat tyre....she offered to change it herself, but she's in a rush too. Car is filthy underneath from muddy bush road life, spare space saver tyre is more mud than rubber, I have to get changed, fix tyre, get dressed, race to work.....meeting cancelled last minute....

Jpez

Down on the left!
LTIH.
Pull up at the lights and there’s some tool with a jacked up 4WD with every conceivable mod and extra done to it, belching antisocial black soot and noise from his over tuned pipes and he’s sitting in the tool mobile thinking he’s the coolest cat on the planet.
You can’t help yourself. You look over and disdainfully say to yourself what a fucking fuck knuckle. That’s when he notices you looking in his direction but he mistakes you superior scowl for admiration and now he thinks he’s even cooler! You wrench yourself gaze away quick smart! Yeah. I hate that.

moorey

call me Mia
LTIH.
Pull up at the lights and there’s some tool with a jacked up 4WD with every conceivable mod and extra done to it, belching antisocial black soot and noise from his over tuned pipes and he’s sitting in the tool mobile thinking he’s the coolest cat on the planet.
You can’t help yourself. You look over and disdainfully say to yourself what a fucking fuck knuckle. That’s when he notices you looking in his direction but he mistakes you superior scowl for admiration and now he thinks he’s even cooler! You wrench yourself gaze away quick smart! Yeah. I hate that.
I haaaaaate the flogs that are attracted to shit like blow flies when some flog in a souped up shitter (or even a poor mans supercar or Tesla) is sitting in the carpark with his hood up just inviting gap toothed bogans and incels to come ogle and boost their ego. I generally don't believe in devolution, except when I do.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
telling my son his birthday party tomorrow has to be postponed for sydney's not a lockdown. he took it well and understood, but he was really looking forward to it
We have my sons party (8 mates playing laser tag) this weekend, 3 weeks late. Poor bugger missed a birthday altogether last year, then the snap lock-down this year occurred the weekend of his birthday again! Still some restrictions in place, but at least the kids can actually have some fun.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well a little update...the promo clip has been removed.

I have seen some. I am dissapointed, but will not cement my feelings until it is all complete.