Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
Things I learnt today: don't try and update the CEO's speech while they're reading from it live via Sharepoint. Cue CEO losing their train of thought and looking like a muppet in front of hundreds of staff.

Too early to start drinking? No? Cool thanks
So you’re the new boss? Well played.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
LTIH:
I just found out today that an important medical document for one of my kids was misdelivered to a different address and had already been opened. The address on the envelope was correct, confirmed by the medical facility to whom the letter was returned when they called me. So Aus Post fucked up and delivered it to the wrong address and some random fucker opened it and then wrote "not at this address" on the envelope.
I await a response from my complaint to Aus Post.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH:
I just found out today that an important medical document for one of my kids was misdelivered to a different address and had already been opened. The address on the envelope was correct, confirmed by the medical facility to whom the letter was returned when they called me. So Aus Post fucked up and delivered it to the wrong address and some random fucker opened it and then wrote "not at this address" on the envelope.
That is pretty shit house.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
epson printers. printing a black and white document, it stops after one page as its out of magenta. why on a black and white print i dont know. lucky i have a spare pack of genuine epson ink, it wont recognise the new cartridge. and whilst thats throwing an error it wont scan a document either until i go into the bin to find the old empty one.

Lucky it wasnt anything important, only hospital admission documents. is it appropriate to launch the whole printer through an officeworks window when i return ink and printer for refund?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
is it appropriate to launch the whole printer through an officeworks window when i return ink and printer for refund?
Totally warranted. Just remember... Unless you use the genuine Epson returns window, it'll bounce off unharmed...

LTIH – Why do recipes mix ingredient amounts across so many measurements???
Like butter – should be simple. But no...
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • 1/3 cup of butter
  • 125g of butter
  • 2 sticks of butter [in stupid 'murican recipes]
  • ... etc
Not to mention all the shit that can be compacted or settle in different physical volumes based on the packing efficiency of its shape.

Just tell me how many grams of everything I need. Yes - even wet ingredients like eggs/milk/water/oil.
I can haz scales - I weighs all the things.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH:
That's crap!

We had a small padded envelope delivered to our place with the completely wrong address on it a few weeks back, was for a house around the corner in another street. I jumped on the bike an delivered it correctly myself.
Next day got a knock on the door, it was the van driver looking for the miss-delivered package lol.
epson printers. printing a black and white document, it stops after one page as its out of magenta. why on a black and white print i dont know. lucky i have a spare pack of genuine epson ink, it wont recognise the new cartridge. and whilst thats throwing an error it wont scan a document either until i go into the bin to find the old empty one.

Lucky it wasnt anything important, only hospital admission documents. is it appropriate to launch the whole printer through an officeworks window when i return ink and printer for refund?
Best thing I ever did was bought a cheap little b & w laser printer for home. I used to have that exact issue with another brand colour inkjet, drove me up the wall, and also couldn't buy individual colour cartridges!
Hardly ever have to change cartridges now and has been a godsend for the amount of printing we're having to do because of home schooling.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Brother aren’t much better. Out of toner also means you can’t turn it off, use the scanner or fax. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brother aren’t much better. Out of toner also means you can’t turn it off, use the scanner or fax. Go figure.
that's concerning, brother laser printers were going to be the next step as they come well recommended. I dont do a high volume of printing but it produces a disproportional amount of issues right now

Labcanary

That's crap!

We had a small padded envelope delivered to our place with the completely wrong address on it a few weeks back, was for a house around the corner in another street. I jumped on the bike an delivered it correctly myself.
Next day got a knock on the door, it was the van driver looking for the miss-delivered package lol.
Yeah, same. We had a letter for a house with the same number, different street not far away. So I took the kids for a walk and delivered it to the correct place.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, same. We had a letter for a house with the same number, different street not far away. So I took the kids for a walk and delivered it to the correct place.
Similar here, I write on it/them 'delivered to 1234', take the dog for a walk a deliver it to the right address. Doesnt happen that often.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Similar here, I write on it/them 'delivered to 1234', take the dog for a walk a deliver it to the right address. Doesnt happen that often.
I think I wrote about it before but we had a big parcel misdelivered. It was someone else's name but our address. Sender was on box so I called, explained the situation and after some confusion by them they understood I was leaving them my details so they could call the proper recipient who could then pick up the package. 2 days later had a call on my mobile from someone in the same street albeit completely different number. She came over and picked up the package. Was surprised it wasn't opened. Well it wasn't mine and I didn't need to open it to find the sender. Lady explained it was amost a thousand dollars worth of 'products'. Yeah, ok. She left with the package. I then googoolleedddooo'd the company. Essential fucking oils and crystals! I nearly pissed myself.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
My grammar was not so good. The amusement was for the fact @Plankosaurus has something in common with sis. The condition itself is pretty horrible. My sister in law also gets it but manages with exercises.
I spent enough time with two pregnancies with "morning sickness" (which is never confined to just the morning and will strike whenever the hell it wants). Plus a few weeks of balance issues and general confusion due to aforementioned ear infection.
I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone, even Planko.

Oh yeah, LTIH: permanent tinnitus. Any sufferers with tips on managing getting to sleep?
Yep permsnent tinnitus from chemo. I manage during the day by wearing headphones with something going (music or crappy tv series) whilst i work (mobile dog groomer). Night times I'll often watch something on the laptop in bed, (again with headphones) until I'm sleepy enough. If i wake in the night it's pretty difficult to get back to sleep though.

Thinking of trying a white noise app.

Labcanary

Yep permsnent tinnitus from chemo. I manage during the day by wearing headphones with something going (music or crappy tv series) whilst i work (mobile dog groomer). Night times I'll often watch something on the laptop in bed, (again with headphones) until I'm sleepy enough. If i wake in the night it's pretty difficult to get back to sleep though.

Thinking of trying a white noise app.
I ended up getting one of these to help with sleep:
Some of the sounds are downright annoying, but there are a few that are good at drowning out the tinnitus.

cammas

Seamstress
Buses…. Riding last night, stop for the red light it’s about 7:30pm I’m in fluro green t shirt, light on my bars, tail light on the back and it’s a well lite intersection. Lights turn green and I proceed to ride across the intersection, no cars on my side of the road, a little lancer coming the other way turns in front me plenty of room as I’m slow but I show my appreciation ;). Just as i get to the middle of the intersection, the bus that was behind the lancer decides he is going to do the same thing until I call out to him and he stops, just looking at me, whilst I explain the error of his ways.
Fuck I hate riding around town but I needed to get out of the house.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Brother mono laser printers.

Great little things. Ships with a useless 700 page toner. Drum is good for 12,000 pages.

Buy a toner cartridge pack like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Toner...p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

And refill with toner. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5x-COMP...p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Once upon a time you had to disassemble the gears on the side to reset a flag when refilling the toner cartridge. This was how brother judged a cartridge was end of life, by advancing a gear to push a flag though an opto sensor. Gear was advanced by the paper transport. Now it’s seems newer models are a software reset.