Little Things You Hate

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I lived in Bridgewater for a few months… I had never heard that one before. Just ‘Chiggers’ that were all the people in that area near Chigwell etc. rough as area 20 years ago.

moorey

call me Mia
I lived in Bridgewater for a few months… I had never heard that one before. Just ‘Chiggers’ that were all the people in that area near Chigwell etc. rough as area 20 years ago.
Chigger is also a portmanteau for Asian gangstas. Chinese *igger. Which sucks, coz I love calling people ‘chigs’.
More because of the biting insect Chigger…which makes me laugh. I’ve got a hat impregnated with some sort of deterrence, labeled ‘repels chiggers’.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chigger is also a portmanteau for Asian gangstas. Chinese *igger. Which sucks, coz I love calling people ‘chigs’.
More because of the biting insect Chigger…which makes me laugh. I’ve got a hat impregnated with some sort of deterrence, labeled ‘repels chiggers’.
Speaking as a Taswegian, Chiggers refers to the area, Chigwell, as much as a person. 'He lives with the missus in Chiggers.'

Jpez

Down on the left!
Snails. Fuckin snails. Just having a morning coffee and realised I left something in the shed/cave. Duck out to grab it and reach for the lock and squish. Giant mofo snail underfoot. I hadn’t chucked any boots on as the shed is only a few steps from the back door. That oozy feeling straight through the socks and between the toes. Worst of all is I bought myself some new socks a couple of days ago. Very overdue as all my work socks have seen better days. Was luxuriating in their softness as i was slurping my coffee and thinking how soft and comfy they were.
Now one of them is full of snail goo.
Fuckin snails.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Snails. Fuckin snails. Just having a morning coffee and realised I left something in the shed/cave. Duck out to grab it and reach for the lock and squish. Giant mofo snail underfoot. I hadn’t chucked any boots on as the shed is only a few steps from the back door. That oozy feeling straight through the socks and between the toes. Worst of all is I bought myself some new socks a couple of days ago. Very overdue as all my work socks have seen better days. Was luxuriating in their softness as i was slurping my coffee and thinking how soft and comfy they were.
Now one of them is full of snail goo.
Fuckin snails.
Are you waiting on a parcel? You're fucked now you have killed the delivery service.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Just got the email from the power company to say your 12 months locked in prices are up. Have a look at the current offers and nearly spat coffee everywhere. Controlled load and daily supply charge are up and the best bit solar feed in down to 5 cents a kilowatt. I was on 10 before. Other companies offer higher but they cap the total and then drop you to lower feed in amount once you hit the cap.

Hmm….batteries looking better all the time!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just got the email from the power company to say your 12 months locked in prices are up. Have a look at the current offers and nearly spat coffee everywhere. Controlled load and daily supply charge are up and the best bit solar feed in down to 5 cents a kilowatt. I was on 10 before. Other companies offer higher but they cap the total and then drop you to lower feed in amount once you hit the cap.

Hmm….batteries looking better all the time!
I questioned all of this ages ago, the more people get solar the less they'll need going into the grid individually because the electrical infrastructure is too small.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I questioned all of this ages ago, the more people get solar the less they'll need going into the grid individually because the electrical infrastructure is too small.
They have passed a bill here in SA that they can shut down peoples solar if feed in is too high.

Madness. I am no expert but wouldn’t it better feeding a community battery and then power houses at night. Will keep an eye on batteries and costs as they are still a big investment.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
aint the batteries hella exy ?
They have finally reached the point where the warranty period is longer than the payback time.

Yes. Depending on size typically $10k and up. We don’t plan to move anywhere for a long time but would take a while to break even. Also the life span of the battery is an issue too.
The life span is an issue but they are made of many replaceable parts.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They have passed a bill here in SA that they can shut down peoples solar if feed in is too high.

Madness. I am no expert but wouldn’t it better feeding a community battery and then power houses at night. Will keep an eye on batteries and costs as they are still a big investment.
I have read that the Hydro/Transed/Aurora, or whatever the power company calls itself now, wants to impose a fee on domestic solar systems similar to the proposal in SA.