Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
The problem with solar is no storage capacity - if someone is not using the energy you are feeding back in right now then it’s gone - no where for it to chill until needed - and until everyone has solar with storage capacity there is a need for the power station - now people are paying less for their power but it still costs to maintain a power station the prices have to up.

moorey

call me Mia
When someone says your cockpit is triggering their OCD and you look at and think its not that bad, you then proceed to spend the next hour replacing cable ties, neatening cables, wiring, aligning the light to dead centre and shaving the ends of cable ties as its now giving you OCD :rolleyes:
Yes I am looking at you @moorey & @DMan
More about the clutter for me….but top show.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
The problem with solar is no storage capacity - if someone is not using the energy you are feeding back in right now then it’s gone - no where for it to chill until needed
Yeah. Even worse than that. It must go somewhere.
When energy supply exceeds demand in the spot market the prices go negative.
You pay me to take your electricity!
But households aren't in that game. So someone else has to handle it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah. Even worse than that. It must go somewhere.
When energy supply exceeds demand in the spot market the prices go negative.
You pay me to take your electricity!
But households aren't in that game. So someone else has to handle it.
Annnnnd when you are a big electricity generator... when the cloud cover moves and the wind picks up, we end up driving down Turbines to min load and sucking up negative prices.

When the cloud appears and wind dies...

Power factor control is another chat.

Minlak

custom titis
Aus Post new TV ad with singing letterboxes and the slogan ’Spread the Merry’. How about spending money on delivering parcels on time rather than cheesy TV ads!
Heard a radio ad today for them - quoting dates when you have to have your parcels to them for Christmas delivery on time - seemed very optimistic based on current buckshot waiting times

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Heard a radio ad today for them - quoting dates when you have to have your parcels to them for Christmas delivery on time - seemed very optimistic based on current buckshot waiting times
Yup, anyone good at statistics, more likely to win lotto or get your parcel on time? :p

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I fucking hate people who cable-tie their gear/brake/other lines together. Had to cut off about 50 on the little fuckers just to be able to facilitate an inner cable replacement on a dropper post. :mad:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I fucking hate people who cable-tie their gear/brake/other lines together. Had to cut off about 50 on the little fuckers just to be able to facilitate an inner cable replacement on a dropper post. :mad:
Wait a sec - you mean tie them together inside the frame? o_O

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Wait a sec - you mean tie them together inside the frame? o_O
Thankfully no; that would have really pissed me off! Post slammed to full insertion, broken inner cable, decapitated at lever end, anchor bolt on the post base. Need to pull outer housing back with post to ensure it can be seated properly on refitting, but so tightly strapped to brake hose it won't bloody move without cutting the several dozen ties.

cammas

Seamstress
I like these nice and easy plus external routing, now to find one that I can clip from brake line to flat wire cable on the dynamo and I’ll be happy.

This is the offending picture with the cable ties that needed fixing I had done to see it everything fitted. What was actually annoying me was the light was not dead centre, now the cable ties have been replaced with ends of sight, mounting bracket centred, light centred, dynamo cabling rerouted with a couple of cable ties to stop it sagging and the switch for the light/cache battery charging relocated to help with cable routing. If you haven’t noticed this is my bike packing mtb so no dropper, no suspension and external cable routing.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I like these nice and easy plus external routing, now to find one that I can clip from brake line to flat wire cable on the dynamo and I’ll be happy.

View attachment 382985

This is the offending picture with the cable ties that needed fixing I had done to see it everything fitted. What was actually annoying me was the light was not dead centre, now the cable ties have been replaced with ends of sight, mounting bracket centred, light centred, dynamo cabling rerouted with a couple of cable ties to stop it sagging and the switch for the light/cache battery charging relocated to help with cable routing. If you haven’t noticed this is my bike packing mtb so no dropper, no suspension and external cable routing.

View attachment 382986
Dear lord.
That image might need to be banned like the greedy Mexican girl.