Little Things You Hate

ausdb

Being who he is
To be honest, there's a good chance people who stop to scope it out will looking for scrap metal or other stuff they think they can sell.
If youre in Melbourne town that would be my brother, as kids we wheeled and dealed our way through dirt bikes by collecting scrap metal and he still goes "treasure hunting" whenever he sees a skip bin he can't help in himself.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Fucking scammers. I got over confident and burnt today $400 on a set of MT7s, he hit 3 other people on the same group of ads, got $1450 out of us, then another 3 people have come forward and looks like he got over $3k in the last few months (that we know about). We have his name, but not sure we’ll really get anywhere with the police.
anyways. Fuck scammers.
did you pay via paypal? and if so NEVER pay "family and friends", because there's zero buyer protection.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Admitting defeat on my first wheel build. Could not get it to run true. Dropped at bike shop yesterday and got a call as they were closing.

All done, front was fine, trued and tensioned. Rear was out of whack, some spokes incorrectly laced and lots of nipples were stuffed (probably me winding back and forth in a vain attempt to true). New nipples and re-laced.

Explains why I couldn’t get the wheel to run true. Oh well. A learning experience.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Admitting defeat on my first wheel build. Could not get it to run true. Dropped at bike shop yesterday and got a call as they were closing.

All done, front was fine, trued and tensioned. Rear was out of whack, some spokes incorrectly laced and lots of nipples were stuffed (probably me winding back and forth in a vain attempt to true). New nipples and re-laced.

Explains why I couldn’t get the wheel to run true. Oh well. A learning experience.
Should have brought it up. I could have fixed it for you.
Bags of spare nipples here too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cheers, if I attempt another build and fail again will ask :). Will need to drop off your wheel gear too. Rear wheel was super out of wack.
Would have been if it was laced incorrectly, you'd never have got it tensioned.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cheers, if I attempt another build and fail again will ask :). Will need to drop off your wheel gear too. Rear wheel was super out of wack.
It is a learning experience. If you don't do it enough then it would be hard to be good at it IMHO.

I ran out of fingers to count the mistakes I made along the way because I was either in a hurry or not paying attention. Being in a good and patient frame of mind is prerequisite for me before I get anywhere near a spoke key :)

Give it another shot one day.

Last edited: