Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - 4am phone call from my daughter saying she lost the keys to car, while out for the night being the designated driver.
LTIH - No spare key for that car, so had to leave it there to later that day and risk it still being there.
LTIL - that the call wasn’t one of those calls
LTIL - car was still there, my sons mate comes with a tandem trailer and wheel dolleys, then helps break into the car, get it home without taking our money. Now to organise a new key and getting it encoded, at least it’s home and everyone is okay.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
This is our first move in 17 years :eek: might explain Why we have so much shit...the +2 younglings might also add to the pile.
I'll see you and raise you one kid.
15 bikes in the house. 50 square metre shed and a wife that collects mid-century furniture. Holeeee Fuck.
With sale and now moving we seemingly have been living out of boxes for ages.
Right to occupy begins in a week or so.
Feel your pain.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
What necessary function do you believe the Queen and GG have?

The last referendum was designed to be a flop by monarchists.
I think that during the last referendum, it failed because there were a lot of people loyal to the Queen and not necessarily the monarchy..shitloads of current and ex military folks served under the queen, but couldn’t really give a fuck about the rest of the royal family..
now Lizzy is gone, it would be a very different outcome me thinks

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I think that during the last referendum, it failed because there were a lot of people loyal to the Queen and not necessarily the monarchy..shitloads of current and ex military folks served under the queen, but couldn’t really give a fuck about the rest of the royal family..
From what I remember, the public had no option to say who became the top dog/liar-in-cheif/president. Didn't sit well with me then, not keen on it now.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Don't think ex military played much of a role. It was more that the question wasn't do you want a republic but do you want this shit version of a republic. The other big factor was migrants who had sworn allegiance to the queen on taking up citizenship.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The rule of thumb with a constitutional referendum is to always ask a question that you (as the prevailing government) always know the answer to already...

No-one in '99 in their right mind was going vote for anything other than the status quo given the question being asked...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'll see you and raise you one kid.
15 bikes in the house. 50 square metre shed and a wife that collects mid-century furniture. Holeeee Fuck.
With sale and now moving we seemingly have been living out of boxes for ages.
Right to occupy begins in a week or so.
Feel your pain.
Shiiiite, that is next level

1662895420100.png

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't think ex military played much of a role. It was more that the question wasn't do you want a republic but do you want this shit version of a republic. The other big factor was migrants who had sworn allegiance to the queen on taking up citizenship.
To alter the Constitution to establish the Commonwealth of Australia as a republic with the Queen and Governor-General being replaced by a President appointed by a two-thirds majority of the members of the Commonwealth Parliament.

That was the question for those may not have been around/forgotten. The referendum was the first thing I ever voted on.
From memory a large partof the 'vote no' campaign was based around ' vote no on this republic'. They knew that becoming a republic was generally viewed in a positive light, but the specification in the wording meant they could target people who wanted a republic but didn't want the President decided purely by the parliament.
ACT was only place have a majority vote 'yes'. Vic was next highest with around 49% saying yes.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Moving.

So much stuff, how does it accumulate like this, I'm sure said stuff has been multiplying while not being watched...
I just moved after being in in one place for 20 years. It was a half hour one way drive to our new place.
5 moving truck loads and multiple car/ute loads we are almost done.
Being that I make sculptures out of scrap metal, everything in my shed weights a ton. I'm lucky my back survived.
Don't want to do that again for at least another 20 years.

Last edited: