Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Kind of like when dit bikes find your sweet dh trail and power up it.
I have a short little trail I dug through the pines near my parent's place, I was forever worried the dirtbikers would find it. I even used to go back up (after a day of shuttling) to the trail entrance, grab a leafy branch and brush the tyre marks off of the forestry track.

Find it they did eventually though, but surprisingly it didn't really ruin the trail (some small drops and jumps yes) but otherwise the trail ran heaps faster and flowed better. Don't tell the dirtbikers though!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I have a short little trail I dug through the pines near my parent's place, I was forever worried the dirtbikers would find it. I even used to go back up (after a day of shuttling) to the trail entrance, grab a leafy branch and brush the tyre marks off of the forestry track.

Find it they did eventually though, but surprisingly it didn't really ruin the trail (some small drops and jumps yes) but otherwise the trail ran heaps faster and flowed better. Don't tell the dirtbikers though!
It kind of depends on the trail, which direction they ride it and how how often.
We get dirt bikes on some of out trails every now and again and mostly, they don't do too much damage. It's when they either ride up steep descents or they ride the same sections over and over, that it can make a mess of the trail, especially winter time.
We have had a bit of kick back from some dirt bikers about the mountain bike trails "taking over everything" but in reality they can ride pretty much everything that they could ride before the trails were built. I think it's a bit of sour grapes that they can see money being spent of something that they don't do.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I've found once the compaction of the trail goes from the spinning of the moto wheels, it just degrades the trail really fast. 2 bikes eventually tell their mates and turns into 10, 10 turns into 20, and then the trouble starts.

gregb

Likes Dirt
Waiting to grab lunch behind someone browsing the menu at the counter. The same menus plastered all over the front windows. Almost 5 minutes of waiting, can i just grab... no this person was first.
Or the dill that waits in the queue and then only looks at the menu board when they get to the counter.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I've found once the compaction of the trail goes from the spinning of the moto wheels, it just degrades the trail really fast. 2 bikes eventually tell their mates and turns into 10, 10 turns into 20, and then the trouble starts.
I think the dirt where this trail is helps a lot (as @Stredda said).

EDIT: A bit of rutty, janky goodness is a good thing in my books anyway

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think the dirt where this trail is helps a lot (as @Stredda said).
Trail surface certainly helps but it's not just the erosion problem I've had with them, they tend to ride around fallen trees and make their own detour trail, they'll never get off their bike to clear a trail I've found. They complain that they have nowhere to ride but there tends to be a reason for it most of the time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Trail surface certainly helps but it's not just the erosion problem I've had with them, they tend to ride around fallen trees and make their own detour trail, they'll never get off their bike to clear a trail I've found. They complain that they have nowhere to ride but there tends to be a reason for it most of the time.
A bit like those e-bike douc.... hold on.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Waiting to grab lunch behind someone browsing the menu at the counter. The same menus plastered all over the front windows. Almost 5 minutes of waiting, can i just grab... no this person was first.
Fuck those people. They had their chance! "I see you are still deciding. If you could move to the side for me, I'll keep serving other patrons. When you are ready you can jump straight back in.".

When the dirt bikes ride up steel, rocky, muddy trails...or blast through tight corners...or hit the boooooooooost on jump lips.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Qantas. Over an hour waiting for the bike bag to come out, eventually they decide it never made it on the plane. Or it went on the wrong plane… Maybe I’ll get it tomorrow, maybe I won’t…
FFS, the decision to fly a more reputable airline than Shitstar and they loose a fucking bike bag.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I have some Qantas pyjamas somewhere. Was very weird seeing people getting changed into PJs on a long haul flight… Felt a bit public for such things to me!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have some Qantas pyjamas somewhere. Was very weird seeing people getting changed into PJs on a long haul flight… Felt a bit public for such things to me!!
I have a funny story about those pyjamas.

I think I may have brushed on this a while ago while discussing bad wingmen? A client for my Japan snow tours arrived in our lodgings one night wearing Qantas pyjama pants.

Ask me about my pants!

Why are you wearing pyjama pants?

Not long after the plane left Sydney I needed to shit...urgently. as soon as the seat belts sign was off I rushed to the toilets. As the previous occupant came out I rushed in, dropped my pants, exploded, and when the job was done I pulled my pants up to discover they were soaked in piss. The flight attendant gave me some first class pyjama pants.