Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Whoops. Neighbours are pissy again it seems! So there is a bit of parking spot off the communal access road for the 5 houses on this side of the creek - and I put the Megane there because i needed it out of the garage while the insulating dudes did their thing.

I guess they felt proprietary about the space despite it being on public land, and took to parking behind me instead blocking me in, or parking in my drive to block me out... Ummm... Their excuse is some renovations they did means they cant park two cars in their own driveway as if somehow this is something I would care about. Super weird, I really don't get it.

Thats the second time I've blundered into pissing them off, didn't occur to me they would think it was "their" space... Fun times...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Whoops. Neighbours are pissy again it seems! So there is a bit of parking spot off the communal access road for the 5 houses on this side of the creek - and I put the Megane there because i needed it out of the garage while the insulating dudes did their thing.

I guess they felt proprietary about the space despite it being on public land, and took to parking behind me instead blocking me in, or parking in my drive to block me out... Ummm... Their excuse is some renovations they did means they cant park two cars in their own driveway as if somehow this is something I would care about. Super weird, I really don't get it.

Thats the second time I've blundered into pissing them off, didn't occur to me they would think it was "their" space... Fun times...
humans can be extremely territorial little khunts, even for - as you say - a parking space on public land :rolleyes:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
humans can be extremely territorial little khunts, even for - as you say - a parking space on public land :rolleyes:
Also just plain weird. And a bit creepy - the husband has on occasion come out to listen in on Kirsty and watch her when she was out cutting blackberries. Making sure she didnt cut any of "his" blackberries". Made her feel really uncomfortable...

Bleh. Just trying to compartmentalise it all, its annoying being made to feel uncomfortable in my own bloody house. Also, I have zero energy for silly games...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
There was a very cheap BK Mazda 3 on marketplace with a blown clutch and struts that looked tempting... Easy fix and easy sell - but ill need to have it up on blocks and in bits for a while!
There's a bit of a parking spot off the communal road. Stick it there.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You have a way with neighbours...
I swear on the life of all my bikes it was totally accidental!! It really didn't occur to me they'd have a problem with me clearing blackberries on public land, nor did it occur to me they would feel this way about the parking... Its bloody weird and I am somewhat bamboozled by the whole thing...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I swear on the life of all my bikes it was totally accidental!! It really didn't occur to me they'd have a problem with me clearing blackberries on public land, nor did it occur to me they would feel this way about the parking... Its bloody weird and I am somewhat bamboozled by the whole thing...
Are you living in a part of Tassie where the rednecks breed / interbreed?

You aint from around here, are ya Boah?!?!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
there is a bit of parking spot off the communal access road for the 5 houses on this side of the creek
By communal road, do you mean the park is in Council road reserve, off an easement on someone’s land, or part of a body corporate type arrangement?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
By communal road, do you mean the park is in Council road reserve, off an easement on someone’s land, or part of a body corporate type arrangement?
Neither. We are part of the group of 5 houses that are across a creek, sharing the one bridge access. So there’s a sort of shared driveway that technically the council is responsible for. There is a bit of a gap in the weeds you can fit a car… Another neighbour parks his giant cruiser a bit further up permanently that we have to try to get past which is mildly annoying, and pretty entitled on his part to leave it there all the time.

It’s along this and along the creek it’s weed central that I want to clean up and make it less trashy looking. I’d prefer to lose the parking altogether and replant it all in natives. Park in your own driveway or out on the street.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ain’t so little. Fuck optus. Useless uselsss pricks.

My partner uses them for her mobile. Her drivers license was exposed in the data breach.

The public facing API is still running 7 days after the reported breach. Once you’ve validated your credentials with the website, a simple script delivers the account holders details INCLUDING identification document numbers.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ain’t so little. Fuck optus. Useless uselsss pricks.

My partner uses them for her mobile. Her drivers license was exposed in the data breach.

The public facing API is still running 7 days after the reported breach. Once you’ve validated your credentials with the website, a simple script delivers the account holders details INCLUDING identification document numbers.
Mine too, been with them for 20yrs on and off about 2-3 times, now been solid for 7-8yrs. Used Driving license, Passport and whatever else they needed for their 100 points over the years. They were the first company I went with in 2002 and I jumped to Telstra twice for a year and Vodafail once for 6 months, then paid out the useless plan and back to Optus.

Not too concerned at the moment though to hear the Optus CEO lobbying the Gov earlier this year as their new Cyber Security regulations were too stringent and would cost Optus money is laughable.

I'll wait and see what comes out in the next week or so.

It ok, their priority is us, their customers :p :D :oops:

fsgdsdghstrjk.jpg

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Certainly a little different to the problems in Canberra. Clearly these people haven't had to share the area before and now feel their customs and practices are being encroached upon.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Mine too, been with them for 20yrs on and off about 2-3 times, now been solid for 7-8yrs. Used Driving license, Passport and whatever else they needed for their 100 points over the years. They were the first company I went with in 2002 and I jumped to Telstra twice for a year and Vodafail once for 6 months, then paid out the useless plan and back to Optus.

Not too concerned at the moment though to hear the Optus CEO lobbying the Gov earlier this year as their new Cyber Security regulations were too stringent and would cost Optus money is laughable.

I'll wait and see what comes out in the next week or so.

It ok, their priority is us, their customers :p :D :oops:

View attachment 393087
I think that's just a generic email that they send out to all their customers, they sent me one as well.The govt was saying to get your license redone but I haven't heard anything since, pretty sure it's free in most states.

1664371464574.png

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think that's just a generic email that they send out to all their customers, they sent me one as well.
Yeah it's just generic, everyone affected got one... but the fuckers haven't disclosed it all on the email either.

SA service centres are a nightmare at the best of times, fekkin sure I'm not queueing down the street for 4 hours to get a new licence number.

Passport expires next year, wouldn't mind a free 10yrs added to that though.