Little Things You Love

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Hahahaha. Dual cab utes are like hybrids. Remember those? Not a road bike, not a mtb. Useless at everything. If it can't carry a tonne in the back and a proper lenght of material its just a station wagon where your shit gets wet and stolen from the back.

The demise of the aussie 1tonner was a real shame. Flat bed etc with side gates, load unload either side. LTIL

Crew cab soft 4wds with boot sized rears are a joke. LTIH.

VW sent me some promo stuff saying the Amarok W9ould be a F250 killer. V10 diesel 1t full sized rear with crew cab, 4.5t towing capacity. I thought great. Can sell the f250 and get something with 20th century technology. Well the GFC happened and they turned the Amarok into a childs toy.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
My car is on the opening credits of The Grand Tour.

How cool is that! How many people can say their car is on the credits of the worlds biggest motoring TV show? The one in the show is blue, where mine is grey - but the Amarok is on a TV show. Yes, the current credits for Season 3 of The Grand Tour has an Amarok appearing.

Cool huh! I'm chuffed.
Victoria Police are now using Amaroks as their new Divi Vans too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Dual cabs have their place. Unfortunately they are being marketed as the answer for all things 4wd and towing. There are better options for this.

PS: i have owned 4 different dual cabs, each were ex work so cheap and for a purpose. Never again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This has the potential to become a LTIL.

Big US company Vail has bought up Hotham and Falls. What I’ve read has the sale pegged as a ski thing but as they run places like Whistler I’m thinking they can see a whole lot of potential up there in summer.

Time will tell, but could be very good for mtb.

http://www.traveller.com.au/us-snow...k--hotham-snow-resorts-for-174-million-h1blly
While Hotham is my favourite Australian ski field, that's a lot of money for the shittest snow in the world and a very short season. I'd wager they will be pumping the summer options.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Hahahaha. Dual cab utes are like hybrids. Remember those? Not a road bike, not a mtb. Useless at everything. If it can't carry a tonne in the back and a proper lenght of material its just a station wagon where your shit gets wet and stolen from the back.

The demise of the aussie 1tonner was a real shame. Flat bed etc with side gates, load unload either side. LTIL

Crew cab soft 4wds with boot sized rears are a joke. LTIH.

VW sent me some promo stuff saying the Amarok W9ould be a F250 killer. V10 diesel 1t full sized rear with crew cab, 4.5t towing capacity. I thought great. Can sell the f250 and get something with 20th century technology. Well the GFC happened and they turned the Amarok into a childs toy.
Dual cabs have their place. Unfortunately they are being marketed as the answer for all things 4wd and towing. There are better options for this.

PS: i have owned 4 different dual cabs, each were ex work so cheap and for a purpose. Never again.
I grew up with Ute's of every kind. Old man was a builder.
Commodores, Falcons, Rodeos, Navaras...
Single cabs, king cabs, dual cabs
... you name it.
I currently own an old shitty Falcon ute that I paid fuck all for and goes well (LTIL)
Had 700kgs of beach sand in it today and it drove great (wasn't even on the bump stops)

The current obsession with fancy dual cabs is a bit silly really. I suspect a lot of people don't really need them... but need to feel masculine?
But I do think for some people they are actually the perfect do-it-all vehicle.

I think buying a Landcruiser/Pajero/Patrol/Big Merc/Audi
2 tonne tank, and then driving it around suburbia to ferry the kids and do the shopping etc is right up there with the stupidest human behaviour around.... for about 100 reasons. LTIH.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
How olds this f250? Carbbed?
I believe it was the second last genuine Ford Australia F250 to be sold. Factory RHD made in Brazil (I think). Only vehicle we've ever had that went up in value after we bought it. Must be at least 10 years old now. Ancient technology but its the sort of thing you can keep going for ever. At the time was the only 4.5 tonne towing vehicle we could get.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
LTIL - hearing the stick get caught up in the rear wheel and locking up the brake before it rotated enough to total the rear derailleur!

I was a mighty long walk from the car, that woulda sucked!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I like the 5 turbo. Bit fractious though. Saw a 6r4 last week and another MkII Quattro. This one only had 650bhp. The 6r4 is uglier in the metal than you could believe. It belonged to Alastair MacRae. There is an RS200 somewhere in Brisbane supposedly.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
That’s one of the best pikes peak clips I’ve seen. Love the casual hand up for the sun. Coulda picked a better time of day !