Little Things You Love

safreek

I'd caution you there - I grew up in the hippie community and went to many hippie festivals. Like any other group, there is only a very very very small subset of this community that should be allowed to nude up...
I think I live near where you were bought up, I agree, keep their clothes on, and maybe some deodorant on as well

scblack

Leucocholic
Vegans already piss people off, partly because of many of their self righteous attitudes, but also because it often forces non vegans to consider their own actions, and they feel guilty. Others are just haters.
Nah.

You are vegan and I am perfectly fine with that and I certainly wont lump you in with these activist losers we saw this week. That’s your choice of diet, so happy days.

Vegans do not piss people off because of their diet.

I am perfectly happy with my meat-eating diet and will never feel guilty in any way for eating all types of meat. I am sure you would like to feel that vegan actions affect people in some way, but not really. The only real effect on people is disgust at losers like these few who attempt to force their own agenda on others. As others have said a better approach would be to make suggestions to people of different choices. I am one of the vast majority who now turn around and will eat meat because that is MY choice. To call that “haters” is completely utterly wrong.

moorey

call me Mia
Nah.

You are vegan and I am perfectly fine with that and I certainly wont lump you in with these activist losers we saw this week. That’s your choice of diet, so happy days.

Vegans do not piss people off because of their diet.

I am perfectly happy with my meat-eating diet and will never feel guilty in any way for eating all types of meat. I am sure you would like to feel that vegan actions affect people in some way, but not really. The only real effect on people is disgust at losers like these few who attempt to force their own agenda on others. As others have said a better approach would be to make suggestions to people of different choices. I am one of the vast majority who now turn around and will eat meat because that is MY choice. To call that “haters” is completely utterly wrong.
You’re one person. I know plenty you don’t speak for.
I’ve personally known a couple of chefs who’ve intentionally slipped animal products into vegans food...just to feel smug. That’s a cunts act right there.

safreek

Had a mate show up with a couple of spliffs and I rediscovered 200 motels, Frank Zappa. Perfect Arvo. That's something that I love.
Went to the gym first so it didn't effect my getting huge

scblack

Leucocholic
You’re one person. I know plenty you don’t speak for.
I’ve personally known a couple of chefs who’ve intentionally slipped animal products into vegans food...just to feel smug. That’s a cunts act right there.
I know chefs who do not do that. We've all heard the wives tales (true tales?) of chefs who spit in rude people's food etc. Pranks like that are part of the human condition.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have worked with a lot of chefs. A wide range too from brilliant food magicians to the lowliest drug addled dead shits...I've seen them all get pissed about customers being customers, but never seen someone take a risk with the food their serving. It may happen, I've just not seen it. There is better ways to piss people off from the kitchen. An easy one is to hold back on the fries (or other high lust side item) for the painful customer and then double up on the same item for a few other customers...then have the wait staff carry each plate past the pain. The look of jealousy in their eyes is delightful. Or send a small complimentary item to the table next to them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I worked with a bloke that had a gluten allergy and we were out in the middle of no where at a mining site and he ordered a gluten free meal, next few hours after the meal he broke out in hives and was crook as a dog. We used to share accommodation from time to time and I'd seen it happen to him a few times.

moorey

call me Mia
I know chefs who do not do that. We've all heard the wives tales (true tales?) of chefs who spit in rude people's food etc. Pranks like that are part of the human condition.
That’s not pranks. Pranks are things like pissing in your mates beer....apparently.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I worked with a bloke that had a gluten allergy and we were out in the middle of no where at a mining site and he ordered a gluten free meal, next few hours after the meal he broke out in hives and was crook as a dog. We used to share accommodation from time to time and I'd seen it happen to him a few times.
Lazy food handling is a very common problem and cross contamination is so easy with something like gluten (pick up regular piece of cake with tongs then pick up piece of gluten free cake with the same tongs...or toast gf banana bread in the same sandwich press as all your gluten rich foods). I'm constantly riding people's backs about it (among other hygiene and safety things - wash your fucking hands!!!) and apparently it makes me an arsehole.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Lazy food handling is a very common problem and cross contamination is so easy with something like gluten (pick up regular piece of cake with tongs then pick up piece of gluten free cake with the same tongs...or toast gf banana bread in the same sandwich press as all your gluten rich foods). I'm constantly riding people's backs about it (among other hygiene and safety things - wash your fucking hands!!!) and apparently it makes me an arsehole.
Is that all it takes, never knew a small amount would have affected someone so bad. I can't stand people that prepare food for others without washing hands and even worse when they eat the food at the same time after no washing the hands.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That's the right kind of arsehole, Poodle

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The longer a coeliac goes gluten free the more sensitive and affected they are to even miniscule quantities of gluten. Both my best mate and one sibling are coeliacs (medically diagnosed) and I am mindful of their dietary requirements. Both have had reactions to very simple things. One was the choclate on the top of a cappucino. This is now recognised by the coeliac association who recommend avoiding the chocolate because it is often ground with the same equipment that processes wheat products. Another trap is run of the mill soy sauce which contains gluten though by the name you would expect it is ok. Thus Korean food is verbotten unless specifically catered for.

I have friends and relatives who are vegans and vegos. None inflict their opinion on anyone else nor do they comment on food others are eating. I am pretty close to vegitarian, I eat my steak blue so that counts.

safreek

At work when someone is gluten intolerant every thing is double scrubbed, I assume the tandoori oven burns the gluten so roti appears to be fine for gi people