Little Things You Love

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Work delivering the goods, building in a whole bunch of major regional areas as of today! So much good shit happening for first home buyers. APRA, politics and developers all doing well!

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Might want to watch this then!

Had meetings this morning around all of this, and there is part of me doesn't like the fact we do deny our economic position and the way we bury our heads in the sand. However IF this is handled correctly, it may help see some stabilisation. (along with mining picking up again apparently? someone to confirm?) On a selfish note, it would allow to get me one step closer to bailing out to Tassie and not dealing with it to a degree in my own bubble.

I've already seen investors this fortnight come out of the wood work left, right and centre. One thing that seems to be occurring is that those who were aiming for 20% will still continue to save for this regardless of the government bond around LMI as they assume a larger deposit increases their servicing capacity. Many of Victorian's younger generation are so scared of anything but 20% from the barefoot investor that they've missed out of that some incredible growth over the last 36 months, down cycle might be hitting in the $600K bracket; but demand sub $600K has not eased up as affordability became so tough post commission.

Granted I think we are seeing a shift back towards post-days, trailing commissions are still staying with liberals and that secured all the brokers votes as this was their living income they rely on, not just up-front. If this Armageddon does come; how will avoiding any attempt to prevent it help? The only investors we've seen since this downward trend has been the internationals; and everyone moans then about foreign ownership; some developer's attempted to prevent FIRB purchasers, but ultimately had to cave because no one else was buying.

Last edited:

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
So few weeks back or so the neighbors goats from across the hill got into my paddock, apparently the person who owns the goats has family that used to live in my current house.

I've always been interested in the history of the house since I knew it was one of the earlier houses in the area, 1936 to be exact is when it was built.

Anyways the house used to be the post office for the local area as well as the telephone exchange and the guy who built the house built it entirely by been a self taught builder.

Apparently his first project he built was a mill than he built the house. The house had 4 kids in it and all up there was 6 people living in it at a time when it was quite a small house.

Very interesting to learn the houses history directly from people that lived in it.

safreek

So few weeks back or so the neighbors goats from across the hill got into my paddock, apparently the person who owns the goats has family that used to live in my current house.

I've always been interested in the history of the house since I knew it was one of the earlier houses in the area, 1936 to be exact is when it was built.

Anyways the house used to be the post office for the local area as well as the telephone exchange and the guy who built the house built it entirely by been a self taught builder.

Apparently his first project he built was a mill than he built the house. The house had 4 kids in it and all up there was 6 people living in it at a time when it was quite a small house.

Very interesting to learn the houses history directly from people that lived in it.
Yeah, but how did the goat taste ?