Little Things You Love

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I heard it was Harp-on, something about nobody likes him, and why do they always pick on me!
pulled some strings at "the bureau" and got the servers shut down!
Canberra? Ability to handle anything IT related? Lol. More likely something tried to improve something and it crashed. You’ve watched Utopia right?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been working solo since about 3:30. Turns out working alone is a lot better than working with fuckwits morons and arseholes! I'm going to chase more shifts like this. I'm also rocking the 80s metal noce.amd loud through the place! So much head banging on the inside.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It’s a big thing really. New environmentally friendly building standards being mandated at a new shopping centre we are building a cinema at. VOC emission limits 1/300th of the BCA standard. I’m not fucked up by carpet glues or paint fumes that make me sick for weeks.

The next frontier will be dust control. Builders all off the record acknowledge silicosis exposure from general building site dust will be the next area of attention.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
It’s a big thing really. New environmentally friendly building standards being mandated at a new shopping centre we are building a cinema at. VOC emission limits 1/300th of the BCA standard. I’m not fucked up by carpet glues or paint fumes that make me sick for weeks.

The next frontier will be dust control. Builders all off the record acknowledge silicosis exposure from general building site dust will be the next area of attention.
The number of people I've seen dry cutting concrete pipes because they are too lazy to call a water truck with a hose over to wet the pipe down....
It is predicted to be then asbestosis crisis if a few years.

Haakon

Pretty fucked you ever had to deal with that... VOCs are bad juju - I worked in a lab once copping dichloromethane (solvent) fumes for only about 8 months ended up with liver damage (thankfully it came good...).

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Pretty fucked you ever had to deal with that... VOCs are bad juju - I worked in a lab once copping dichloromethane (solvent) fumes for only about 8 months ended up with liver damage (thankfully it came good...).
I'd hate to be a dry cleaner. A lifetime of that shit would have to shorten your life.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You chance upon the liver damage or were there symptoms?

Haakon

You chance upon the liver damage or were there symptoms?
Was feeling crook and had blood tests, which led to an ultrasound showing fatty deposits - hepatologist asked about chemical exposure after deciding I wasn’t a heavy drinker.

Haakon

Yeah wow...
Sounds a bit more dramatic than it is, liver is super resilient and will heal if you've not gone as far as scarring and remove the toxin load. But given I've stressed it badly once I really should drink less than I do...