Little Things You Love

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The link goes to the right time. It’s a little wooden roll, or something, near the end.
It's actually about shoulder height, steeper than the camera makes it look and a flat shortish run into it. Impressed he had that much speed over it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know yours would be fair trade but the organic shop around the corner has vegan easter eggs. I don't get people who think milking a cow is bad but child slaves to pick the beans is ok.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that think the child slaves is ok. In the absence of access to education they need something to do.

LTIL: seeing a trail feature I built at Coomie being utterly misused on the latest Pinkbike Friday Fails compilation

Time reference please????

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Hiding a dozen Easter eggs in holes and tree stumps around our 40 acre block with only vague directions for the kids tomorrow. :p
Faarkoff, You are at that age now where you can hide all your own Easter Eggs!
What...where am I?....who are you lot?......do you know where the mailbox is?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
What is the purpose of that feature? Is it the mini-est gap ever conceived, a roller with a dip?
The purpose was to make the underlying log into something. Unfortunately, the track didn't allow enough room for an airtime jump...nor did the budget. Plus the corner this feature cut off was actually a ripper...

I realised that whatever went in would be steep, slow and intimidating to approach especially for people that are normally familiar with the flattest track in the country. So that's what I went for. This track needs more intimidating features...not less

Most people hit this at around 15 to 18 kmh and just pop it. Though many just go around it because they are put off by it. I found if you hit it doing low 20s and pump it then it's faster than the b line...I've also been over it side by side with another rider...

silentbutdeadly

It's actually about shoulder height, steeper than the camera makes it look and a flat shortish run into it. Impressed he had that much speed over it
He had some seriously flatted tyres just before he smacks it.

I know of one local rider who claimed to have jumped it to the flat...he indicated he'd not be doing it again.

Brow

Big Block
Simple things, having an Easter get together with the neighbours in the culdesac (1.5m + between all participants) and drinking a simple beer - and its in a purple can!
Next week are getting out the fire pit as it was getting a bit cold out there tonight.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A traffic controller has used his sign to stop a man allegedly speeding away from police on a bicycle.

About midday yesterday NSW Police on the south coast were patrolling when they saw a man wanted for breaching bail.
He is accused of riding away from officers on his bicycle.
A traffic controller has stopped a man allegedly trying to flee police. (9News)
But as two officers chased him, a traffic control operator stuck his stop/go sign in the front wheel of the bike, causing the man to fall off.

:D

silentbutdeadly

This could be a story for the fuckwits thread but it's not because (whilst I'm still a fuckwit) I wasn't treated like one.

We are blessed to be the home and carer's of my brother's aged chainsaw. Despite the fact that it dates from around 1993...this model of Husqvarna (455 Rancher) remains in production till this day. Think of it as the Nissan Skyline...

Powerful. Decent 20 inch bar. Runs well when it runs. Heavy. Exhausting. Seemingly cursed.

Honestly...every time I try to use it it...it crashes. Or I chuck it as far as I can throw it...or at least away from my feet.

Finally, I thought, this is dumb. A chainsaw should not defeat me. I tidyed it up. Squared the bar. Newly sharpened chain. Running sweet. Hooked it into a big old tree and it nailed it. YES. Set sail on the second cut...and it died like it had been stabbed.

I proceeded to behave like it was Giant's fault that I had fallen off the skinny.

When all good reason had returned, some actual fault finding happened. Turned out the ignition module had sparked its last.

Naturally, I turned to some random Chinese knockoff module that a bloke in Melbourne said I could have next week for a third of the price that the local dealer said I could have about the same time. For three times that. Plus freight...

It turned up. I fitted it. There was spark. And the mongrelfuggingcunovaovashitstirringbastardcunovacunt...still wouldn't start. The Lad cleverly figured this out and cleared the shed before his ears burned.

I gave up.

I walked the walk of shame.

I walked into the local small engine mechanic with my cursed chainsaw. This past morning.

I said I couldn't start it. It was beyond me.

He looked me in the eye.

He set the choke. He pressed the primer. And he let her rip.

That fucking thing started. He flooded the shop with smoke.

He said: You probably flooded it.
I thought: I'm a fucking joke...

"Bring it back if it gives you grief but yeah they are pricks of things..."

And I skulk right out the door...

And yet the LTIL is the nod I got from Old Mate before I left is that it happens to us all...

I still dead set despise that chainsaw...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
This could be a story for the fuckwits thread but it's not because (whilst I'm still a fuckwit) I wasn't treated like one.

We are blessed to be the home and carer's of my brother's aged chainsaw. Despite the fact that it dates from around 1993...this model of Husqvarna (455 Rancher) remains in production till this day. Think of it as the Nissan Skyline...

Powerful. Decent 20 inch bar. Runs well when it runs. Heavy. Exhausting. Seemingly cursed.

Honestly...every time I try to use it it...it crashes. Or I chuck it as far as I can throw it...or at least away from my feet.

Finally, I thought, this is dumb. A chainsaw should not defeat me. I tidyed it up. Squared the bar. Newly sharpened chain. Running sweet. Hooked it into a big old tree and it nailed it. YES. Set sail on the second cut...and it died like it had been stabbed.

I proceeded to behave like it was Giant's fault that I had fallen off the skinny.

When all good reason had returned, some actual fault finding happened. Turned out the ignition module had sparked its last.

Naturally, I turned to some random Chinese knockoff module that a bloke in Melbourne said I could have next week for a third of the price that the local dealer said I could have about the same time. For three times that. Plus freight...

It turned up. I fitted it. There was spark. And the mongrelfuggingcunovaovashitstirringbastardcunovacunt...still wouldn't start. The Lad cleverly figured this out and cleared the shed before his ears burned.

I gave up.

I walked the walk of shame.

I walked into the local small engine mechanic with my cursed chainsaw. This past morning.

I said I couldn't start it. It was beyond me.

He looked me in the eye.

He set the choke. He pressed the primer. And he let her rip.

That fucking thing started. He flooded the shop with smoke.

He said: You probably flooded it.
I thought: I'm a fucking joke...

"Bring it back if it gives you grief but yeah they are pricks of things..."

And I skulk right out the door...

And yet the LTIL is the nod I got from Old Mate before I left is that it happens to us all...

I still dead set despise that chainsaw...
I 'only' liked it cos I'm scared of what you'd do if I laughed, and you know how to find where I live :oops: