Little Things You Love

creaky

XMAS Plumper
LTIL. My workplace offering a free day leave for every 2 days of annual leave people take. Trying to help deal with family stresses and covid pressures.
.... or maybe they want people to use their annual leave when they wouldn't be working as efficiently as usual (in lockdown).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It's fully optional.
Understand that. Just saying it's a potential win-win for the staff and the business depending on the staff circumstances. I doubt it's a "kindness of their heart" kinda thing though, even if they present it as such. Or maybe I'm just a cunt and thinking commercially. Or maybe both (queue std. meme).

moorey

call me Mia
Understand that. Just saying it's a potential win-win for the staff and the business depending on the staff circumstances. I doubt it's a "kindness of their heart" kinda thing though, even if they present it as such. Or maybe I'm just a cunt and thinking commercially. Or maybe both (queue std. meme).
We aren't a commercial business. We are a benevolent non profit, partly run off donations and corporate support and partly off government funding.
All of our positions are fully funded, but its a particularly high stress industry, made worse by the pandemic (worse for the people we support, which is vicariously harder on our staff). I'm as cynical as the next guy, but think it is genuinely to support staff. There is no benefit I can see for the business, other than happier staff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ pretty common hr manoeuvre to bring down the leave aspect of wages expenses. It has good and bad pay offs for all involved and it's good that it is optional. It is certainly better than laying off a huge chunk of your workforce.

A lot of people in my industry were forcibly stood down and forced to exhaust their leave entitlements and if they had none...that was the end of their employment.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
There's been little reason to take leave this year - my mentality has been that I can't really relax given everything happening, so may as well just keep nose to the grindstone. Also can't get to SA or Tas to see family and friends.

I am taking a week off soon though, partly a mental break, partly so we can deal with some other shit :)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
So jelly! I'm stuck out in the flatlands... :rolleyes:

Would've been the perfect day for it. :)
Yeah, was very nice to be able to just cruise up and down the hill in the sun. Taking a day of leave tomorrow to strip, service and rebuild bikes because why not?
Yarra trails for me today.. As it has been since March .. Blessed to have them 5 mins from home..
Yeah alright mate piss off eh :p