Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
I’m just going to come out and say it.

Playing with Lego, big boxes of random parts, inventing machines and then smashing them into another invented machine, To see who’s made the strongest machine, priceless.

Big expensive Lego kits where every part has only one use, and when you’ve made the item, it sits on a shelf, yeah nah.

Even worse, themed Lego, and Lego movies.

Do your worst...

hazza6542

Eats Squid

Playing with Lego, big boxes of random parts, inventing machines and then smashing them into another invented machine, To see who’s made the strongest machine, priceless.

Big expensive Lego kits where every part has only one use, and when you’ve made the item, it sits on a shelf, yeah nah.

Do your worst...
I'll find my Lego vw tonight, decided not to follow instructions and made a split cab instead. More fun to think it up yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

@moorey actually 100% completely agree with this. Generic lego kits, and Technic lego where your imagination is key. I spent a day recently replicating different bike rear suspensions with it. Went to Newcastle over Easter and the kids of the family we were staying with had BULK lego, I sat at that table for a few hours and ended up building an entire helicopter (I was supposed to build another level to he hotel the kids were all working on, just told them this would get guests too and from the hotel).

Following the instructions is all well and good, because it can teach you some cool little techniques for building generally, but if you're not destroying your lego creations on a regular basis, you're missing out on a huge part of the Lego experience!

scblack

Leucocholic

Do your worst...
You just don't get it..even if you do have children.

Pics for attention:
Comparo 25.jpg

Kombi 2.jpg

lego-star-wars-millenium-falcon3[1].jpg

35197025_10155855087652620_7140569445281300480_o[1].jpg

Wall E 1.jpg

X-wing 3.jpg

Tardis 6.jpg

AT AT 1.jpg

Lego 8860.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
You’re right, @scblack, and I don’t want to.
LEGO like that has become expensive wanker status symbols for executives. You likely agree.

The difference is that I don’t think that’s a positive statement ;)

scblack

Leucocholic
You’re right, @scblack, and I don’t want to.
LEGO like that has become expensive wanker status symbols for executives. You likely agree.

The difference is that I don’t think that’s a positive statement ;)
The difference is I don't care what you think of Lego.

I enjoy it, you don't. Get over it.:)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm more of a Duplo guy.

@Ultra Lord when you're able to move forward from the healing powers of the pudding, the rehabilitation powers of the pudding crepe should not be overlooked! One of the greatest things to come out of Japan.

images (2).jpeg

moorey

call me Mia
The difference is I don't care what you think of Lego.

I enjoy it, you don't. Get over it.:)
Did you read my first paragraph? I love LEGO sorry, I just don’t want to be charged a fortune to be told how I have to enjoy it.
You love the status of LEGO. That’s ok, go nuts. Not that you care what I think. I’m cool with that, just don’t assume I don’t like it coz I don’t get hard over a $6000 Death Star or Millennium Fail-con to make and put and put in my corporate boardroom, never to be touched again. :D

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
have you had this one since new? it's got to be more than 30 years old. i lusted after it as a kid. Loved technical lego.
I've got a kit from around the same era based on that chassis, but with a V4, 3 speed and a coupe body with retractable headlights.

@moorey You're kinda right, but all of my models have been modified in some way or another. Or the sub-structures used to create something completely different. I formed the basis of my primitive engineering skills trying to get my modifications to stay together as strongly as the standard stuff.

The bulk Lego is still relatively cheap compared to Technic, but $20 worth of Lego doesn't get many pieces anymore

scblack

Leucocholic
Did you read my first paragraph? I love LEGO sorry, I just don’t want to be charged a fortune to be told how I have to enjoy it.
You love the status of LEGO. That’s ok, go nuts. Not that you care what I think. I’m cool with that, just don’t assume I don’t like it coz I don’t get hard over a $6000 Death Star or Millennium Fail-con to make and put and put in my corporate boardroom, never to be touched again. :D
You're the one making assumptions.

Since when did Lego become a status symbol?

Every one of those Lego kits were shared with my daughters making them. Don't assume that just because I like these toys, that I am being told "how to enjoy it", or that it simply sits on a shelf.:cool:

moorey

call me Mia
You're the one making assumptions.

Since when did Lego become a status symbol?

Every one of those Lego kits were shared with my daughters making them. Don't assume that just because I like these toys, that I am being told "how to enjoy it", or that it simply sits on a shelf.:cool:
We’re both guilty of making assumptions.

The expensive kits that adults buy are definitely status symbols for the people I know who buy them...or aspire to.