Little Things You Love

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
LTIL New car day - I know everyone normally has bad stories about dealing with insurance companies, but dealing with Allianz since the hail storm has been awesome so far (house and contents assessment tomorrow)

I took our car for assessment yesterday after they had the windscreen replaced the day before (supposed to have to wait until 23/1 for a booking with windscreen co but they got us bumped up the queue)

Ten minutes with PDR team and they told me it’s a write off. Took my details and told me to expect EFT of our payout. Get to keep the car until 18/1 when it will be picked up from home.

Received $$$ with in 24hrs. So off to the car dealers today to shop around after browsing on Carsales.

Picked up this black beauty (well delivery is next Thursday) and I am stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm glad it's worked out for you... but bugger me I reckon you got lucky the bosses are on holiday until the 28th and it was too hot for the assessors to be out looking at the cars, unless the the hail has done some structural damage the pics don't show...

Anyways happy days as new car day is ALMOST as good as NBD, almost.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ you can't buff those hail dogs out! Sucks to loose a car that looks to be fairly.new and neat, but the black one looks better. Love a good insurance story, rather than the usual ones.

That's a quick turn around with the cash.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'm glad it's worked out for you... but bugger me I reckon you got lucky the bosses are on holiday until the 28th and it was too hot for the assessors to be out looking at the cars, unless the the hail has done some structural damage the pics don't show...

Anyways happy days as new car day is ALMOST as good as NBD, almost.
There were 5 staff from PDR 1 Allianz assessor and a claims a manager looking at it. There damage to 3 of the 4 pillars and both roof rails. Bonnet has over 60 dents both guards are dented and all the doors have at least a few in them. Roof has another 15 or so. Apparently cost of removing all the airbags and other wiring systems for repairs to be done and then reinstalled is over 5k alone. Payout was 26k if the car was worth 50+ they might have considered it. But with volume they have to get through it’s quicker to payout and get it out of their hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Utterly crazy that it’s a write off. What year model is it - how many kays?

[edit] I see now, no need to answer. Still crazy...

Good luck with a black car. Had two. Never again!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
^ you can't buff those hail dogs out! Sucks to loose a car that looks to be fairly.new and neat, but the black one looks better. Love a good insurance story, rather than the usual ones.

That's a quick turn around with the cash.
I wanted to get the B8 model when we originally got the silver B7 one but couldn’t afford it as they were the new model out at the time. I got lucky with agreed value when insuring it that was more than I paid. (Got a good deal by haggling hard) so with a bit of extra thrown in have a 2 year old car with low km and balance of warranty etc.

nzhumpy

There were 5 staff from PDR 1 Allianz assessor and a claims a manager looking at it. There damage to 3 of the 4 pillars and both roof rails. Bonnet has over 60 dents both guards are dented and all the doors have at least a few in them. Roof has another 15 or so. Apparently cost of removing all the airbags and other wiring systems for repairs to be done and then reinstalled is over 5k alone. Payout was 26k if the car was worth 50+ they might have considered it. But with volume they have to get through it’s quicker to payout and get it out of hands.

That explains it a bit more...still not as good as new bike day and I'm probably just narky because I'm still arguing with NRMA over a lightning strike about a week before your storm that blew out the surge protector, blu player, Foxtel. modem and strangely only the HDMI ports on the TVs. Everybody has come to the party and send out new gear but because the tvs still work (only through the old AV cables) nothing is wrong in NRMAs eyes.

First world problems at the end of the day.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
That explains it a bit more...still not as good as new bike day and I'm probably just narky because I'm still arguing with NRMA over a lightning strike about a week before you're storm that blew out the surge protector, blu player, Foxtel. modem and strangely only the HDMI ports on the TVs. Everybody has come to the party and send out new gear but because the tvs still work (only through the old AV cables) nothing is wrong in their eyes.

First world problems at the end of the day.
Haha got new wheels but I’m still living in a tent.

nzhumpy

Well played @foxpuppet.

I think know what you mean @hifiandmtb...at least with cars the recyclable material and reusable parts will likely get more life through a wrecker.
No way that will be parted out, it'll go to auction and some shonky prick will buy it "fix it up" and sell it hoping that the buyer doesn't do any due diligence to check it hasn't been a repairable write off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No way that will be parted out, it'll go to auction and some shonky prick will buy it "fix it up" and sell it hoping that the buyer doesn't do any due diligence to check it hasn't been a repairable write off.
That's a lot of panel beating...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Only driven to church by an old lady every Sunday.
That's a lot of panel beating...
You can use a dildo to pop dents.

There's professional people that can pop most of those dents without repainting, bonnets and doors they might buy secondhand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ bogging or Dildo banging the dings is still going to take a lo g time. But I guess of you have nothing else to do all day and enough speed...

@foxpuppet my assessment is on Tuesday, I don't have as many dents as your car however I'm not covered for the windscreen :(

I'd rather my car isn't written off, I guess I can decline to make a claim if it is ?

I do not want to personally meet the hail boulder that dents the a pillar of a 1999 landcruiser.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
@foxpuppet my assessment is on Tuesday, I don't have as many dents as your car and I'm not covered for the windscreen :(

I'd rather my car isn't written off, I guess I can decline to make a claim if it is ?

I do not want to personally meet the hail boulder that dents the a pillar of a 1999 landcruiser.
A mate of mine locally has one of those hard to find V8 Nissan Patrols insured with Shannon’s, he didn’t put a claim in as his wasn’t too bad and is actually used for purpose so gets a bit beaten from time.

I think there’s a few Berowra residents who don’t want to lose cars as write offs as they can’t afford a replacement at this time.