Little Things You Love

Ivan

Eats Squid
I had to quickly disassemble and reassemble a bike the other day, and It really made me appreciate how far some things have come on MTB's.

LTIL:
Shimano outboard BB's and Cranks.
Avid Matchmaker
Modern Tyres
Good Disc Brakes.

It's a bit left of field, but the show "Grand Designs" is awesome. Some of the houses in that show are unreal. I just wish I had the coin to lay down to build something similar.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
My Kindle.

It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Or possibly beer.

I can't get over just how ace this little gizmo is. I was a little bit uncertain about them at first for a few reasons, namely: Cant read it in the bath, eyestrain from staring at a screen, not being able to read it at work/on choppers due to electrical device rules and the fact that it's well, a bit shit-looking.

Now though having bought one and used it for the past month I can't get enough of it. The nifty waterproof 'case' (it's more of a bag) I've got is an obvious help - I've got no worries about getting it wet when reading in the bath or by the pool - shit, I can read IN the pool if I want! It's also handy for tying onto the bars of the exercise bike in the gym out here and having something to read whilst cranking out an hour in the saddle.

I've got a UK amazon account so I can get books for about a 10th of the price that bastard rip-off aussie booksellers charge and if I ever feel that even that's a bit expensive I've got a 1Gb folder full of books (that's about 500 novels) given to me by a mate that should keep me going for years!

The screen isn't like an Ipad's so there's no backlight, no glare and a single battery charge can last up to a month! It weighs bugger all and thanks to the good folks at Gelaskins it now looks awesome with it's new hot-chick artwork.

Definitely the biggest lifestyle-changing gadget I've found since the iPod.

Last edited:

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Cant read it in the bath
The Chief Engineer i work with apparently has wrapped his in glad wrap so he can read it in the bath without worrying about splashing water on it.

Budget, but should provide some kind of protection. I'm sure he engineered how he wrapped it, and its IP code as well....

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Listening to all my friends bitch about having to study for uni exams when I can do whatever I like in my free time.

0psi

Eats Squid
The power of music to change your mood.
Along those lines, getting into work really early, pulling a Red Bull out of the fridge and cranking the tunes. Quite fun and you get so much done, then chill for the rest of the day.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're going to watch this, take the time to watch it full screen, with sound, and in HD. I can't stress this enough.

[video=vimeo;22439234]http://vimeo.com/22439234[/video]

I now feel very insignificant.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
That was amazing ^

LTIL - Working an easy (relatively) day with the perfect sunshine and temp, pure bliss after working an 11hr day before.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Cooking with onion. I used to hate it and would never add it to anything, but I've realised how much tastier it makes things...