Little Things You Love

stirk

Burner
Congrats MOR,

Those balance bikes are awesome for toddlers to start off on, just don't go near the trendy expensive wooden ones, they either don't last well getting loose and wobbly quickly or my son is too rough on his toys.

wombat

Lives in a hole
When I get lucky and shit just works, without even trying.

I got given an old digital projector last week, which will probably be used mainly for doing movies/parties in the backyard, but I wanted to see if I could set it up easily in the lounge room too, without needing anything that is fixed to the room (renting).

On closer inspection, the projector has a tripod mount, so its now sitting on my big tripod just behind the couch, and I found a cheap cable the perfect length to run to the media player, which works fine with the projector.

Best of all, whilst looking for cheap bits for a day screen, I found a 90" roll up one at officeworks for $69, which just happens to not only be just the right width to suspend between the two built in bookcases in the lounge, but also just the right height to sit above the TV.
It's a bit dark, but it'll do for now.

Now to go watch some big are walking dead!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I currently run Shimano Zee cranks on all my bikes. They are pretty nice! But...i am not a fan of the bolt that holds them all together. It is shit and silly and the tool is daft. I found a replacement from Token on Wiggle recently and was plenty happy with it!

WP_20141022_006.jpg

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I currently run Shimano Zee cranks on all my bikes. They are pretty nice! But...i am not a fan of the bolt that holds them all together. It is shit and silly and the tool is daft. I found a replacement from Token on Wiggle recently and was plenty happy with it!

View attachment 300881
The equivalent of replacing the top cap on your steerer. Nothing wrong with doing it, but it only exists to apply preload to the bearings before before tightening the the clamp bolts in the crank. It doesn't hold it all together unless you are doing it wrong. One of the advantages of the plastic tool is it stops ham-fisted clowns reefing it up too tight.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The equivalent of replacing the top cap on your steerer. Nothing wrong with doing it, but it only exists to apply preload to the bearings before before tightening the the clamp bolts in the crank. It doesn't hold it all together unless you are doing it wrong. One of the advantages of the plastic tool is it stops ham-fisted clowns reefing it up too tight.
True, but it is still a clumsy set up and adds an extra tool to the pack. Those star nutted things will work loose after a few hours ham arsed riding. Now I don't need to worry about the little plastic job falling out of the pack when I hunt for tissues. Not sure of the weight savings yet, but it will definitely be big.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How often are you removing your cranks on the trail to necessitate carrying the tool to remove the preload cap?!? My preload cap tool stays at home attached to my BB wrench where it belongs.

stirk

Burner
True, but it is still a clumsy set up and adds an extra tool to the pack. Those star nutted things will work loose after a few hours ham arsed riding. Now I don't need to worry about the little plastic job falling out of the pack when I hunt for tissues. Not sure of the weight savings yet, but it will definitely be big.
Tissues? I hope you got a cold or Spring allergies...

stirk

Burner
And not a sneaky bush wank?
Yeah I thought of that but any normal person would just sprog into the bush and not need tissues (pardon the pun)

Unless some weird shits going on... or the dog needs to shit when out riding, who needs to take a shit while riding??

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yeah I thought of that but any normal person would just sprog into the bush and not need tissues (pardon the pun)

Unless some weird shits going on... or the dog needs to shit when out riding, who needs to take a shit while riding??
Ask harmonix about that......

How the hell do you manage to work the preload cap loose?
It's obviously getting blown off every time the kronolog explodes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...soooooo many different replies needed, but most importantly!!! Who doesn't need to shit while riding? I have a little pack of wetones in the pack for that moment. They are biodegradable yeah? I mean it isn't like leaving a tube on the side of the trail. Shitting in the forest is pretty relaxing.

Not removing the crank, but have had the preload cap work loose a few times on XT and Saint cranks during a long day of shuttles or quarry riding. It is either from the excessive forces of my pure epic gnar shredding skills, or from the vibrations. So I just keep the tool in my pack. It is easier than loosing the cap. I also have the annoying role of mr fix it for those useless noobs I ride with. If only they would fix their shit before the ride. I need to learn not to point shit out like "you realize that your rear shock is severely underinflated?" Or "do you see how 4 bolts on your rear triangle suspension pivots are 1/4 unscrewed?"

When the Kronolog explodes I am sure it will make the news.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I slipped a disc in my lower back early Monday morning. Upon inspection by a professional, he discovered that it was oh so close to causing me a major problem. Little things I love: Professional medical people who know their stuff and treat you accordingly. This guy is great and has helped me so much and even saved me from a serious spinal problem.

scblack

Leucocholic
I slipped a disc in my lower back early Monday morning. Upon inspection by a professional, he discovered that it was oh so close to causing me a major problem. Little things I love: Professional medical people who know their stuff and treat you accordingly. This guy is great and has helped me so much and even saved me from a serious spinal problem.
Lucky boy, good to see a potential problem got picked up.:third:

RUDENESS

Likes Dirt
Queensland, getting up at 4.30am, and start riding DH at one of my locals at about 4.45am. I am usually done by 7- 9am.