Little Things You Love

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Checking the greenslip calculator and switching to QBE from NRMA. Because I'm over 23, live in NSW, full licence, no points lost in 40 months - $399. Saved $143.
NRMA are a farquin headache to deal with. I've almost begged them to take our two cars if they can get close to QBE for the CTP where close means $20-$50 in difference. They didn't so I didn't renew with them. A waste of time so I went to town on them in the 'how are we doing' follow up email.

They tried a bit harder with the comprehensive insurance so kept it with them. The lowball market value they had me on was the bottom on as listed in the redbook. I grumbled why should the market value decrease $5k but the premium remain the same, please fix or no renewals for you. They fixed it in the end and did a agreed value $2k under last year's valuation.

Car insurance is a PITA and I just don't have faith in any of them, much less the Coles/Woolies/Budget Direct cartels when you would have to go cap in hand to get anything back if you ever make a claim.

TonyMax

Caviar tastes on a popcorn budget
12 Strava PRs including the full loop on lap 5 of 5 of my local mountain on Saturday. I'm either getting technically better or more fearless or stronger.

:)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
no MS here :) ubuntu/gnome with a few tweaks.
Lucky, I have to deal with MS shite all day... Twin 24 monitors though - its hard to go back to a single monitor. Have a 27 iMac at home (which is a glorious monitor) but twin 24 better for working on.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Lucky, I have to deal with MS shite all day... Twin 24 monitors though - its hard to go back to a single monitor. Have a 27 iMac at home (which is a glorious monitor) but twin 24 better for working on.
I also have a 24" in vertical next to this one for emails and a sneaky web browser. Together they make a nice wall I can hide behind! I could have gone 30" but the same resolution at that size looks bad to me now. All my personal gear is apple and retina (laptop, iPad pro, iPhone)- which has basically ruined anything that isn't close...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
All my personal gear is apple and retina (laptop, iPad pro, iPhone)- which has basically ruined anything that isn't close...
Yep - I almost regretted buying the 27 iMac due to how shit it made the monitors I spend all my weekdays looking at...

I have my twin monitors butted up together as i do a lot of big spreadsheet work, often spread things across both of them.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
LTIL - a call from Fiat Chrysler Aust this afternoon, asking whether I'd like a replacement or refund on the lemon Alfa Romeo we bought. Looks like the saga might be over...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Claim irreparable emotional damage that only a 4C can fix. It is only right.
My head hurts already in sympathy.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I should've known...and may have learnt a lesson here. I'm sitting at the entry to glenrock rock lagoon waiting for the traffic to die down a little before I venture home. I can hear a little rustling in the bushes and I have been wondering if it is the big cock..?a guy has just finished running and after. Few moments of standing around catching his breath he whips out a torch and starts rummaging around in the scrub where the big cock lives...

I figure it's time for a laugh and ask if he is "looking for the big cock?" only he thinks I'm making some kind of offer and politely declines. I try to explaon about the rooster...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How could you resist. Make sure you do the offer in your best Austin Powers voice and look him in the eye.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Poodle repeat after me:

"In my pre polling of 60 year old white men sifting through the scrub on sunset in the local park, "are you looking for the big cock" is not a valid means of getting a "feel" for the sentiments of the electorate"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How could you resist. Make sure you do the offer in your best Austin Powers voice and look him in the eye.

I tend to have something of a gravelly voice these days...fluctuating between Clint Eastwood amd tom waits.

Poodle repeat after me:

"In my pre polling of 60 year old white men sifting through the scrub on sunset in the local park, "are you looking for the big cock" is not a valid means of getting a "feel" for the sentiments of the electorate"
The yes vote is strong in my community.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
LTIL - a call from Fiat Chrysler Aust this afternoon, asking whether I'd like a replacement or refund on the lemon Alfa Romeo we bought. Looks like the saga might be over...
Replacement of course!

Every other Alfa is built properly - yours is the only one they fucked up.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Replacement of course!

Every other Alfa is built properly - yours is the only one they fucked up.
Of course, they're all awesomely put together by careful and dedicated artisans.

But - she has decided to have another go... If the new one is also a dog we at least have precedent for not having to live with it!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Of course, they're all awesomely put together by careful and dedicated artisans.

But - she has decided to have another go... If the new one is also a dog we at least have precedent for not having to live with it!
Wow...she must have some amazing headache cure to pull this off! Or you really like lemons?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No headache cure... I just seem to like punishment it seems. Sigh.

It's her car, she likes it and if she can get one that works she will be happy. Therefore I'll be happy.

I got a pretty good deal on it when I bought it the first time, am thinking I won't do too much cash if it's flipped at the first sign of trouble.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess it could never happen again, right. I mean surely it was just bad luck and a series of one offs, nothing systemic. It's an Alfa afterall.