Little Things You Love

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Nope nope nope. Big bag of nope.
Keeping in mind I haven't ridden this track, from all the footage and images I've seen over the years it looks like a pretty dam boring and monotonous blown out pile of yawn. Not something I desire to drive 454238 hours to race.

moorey

call me Mia
Track was 100% blown out after 7 days, but I didn’t hear one bad word about it from riders, @Dozer. Maybe you northerners just aren’t used to these conditions? :p

moorey

call me Mia
In the very early days, I actually thought he was trying to do a good thing for the right reasons.

I changed my mind pretty quickly. He’s a bit like Ned Kelly in Australia. The mythology and hype around his virtue is 99% bullshit.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Similar story here. He's no Edward Snowden, that's for sure. That said, they are literally charging him with possibly rendering assistance in cracking a password, and have not revealed any evidence that, you know, it actually contributed. This is hugely weak sauce on which to base an extradition request, and I reckon Assange has a strong chance of winning his extradition fight.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And a strong chance of being made an example and make up for snowden slipping the net. I think a lot of what now appears negative about Assange may be the result of being pushed into that corner, and possibly going a bit (more) nuts living in an embassy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Track was 100% blown out after 7 days, but I didn’t hear one bad word about it from riders, @Dozer. Maybe you northerners just aren’t used to these conditions? :p
I've ridden some of the bright dh track, but it mostly seemed closed and unused when I was there. It's a steep fucker and a lot of the guys I know from around here that race/d rate it because of the physical challenge it presents. I'm with @Dozer though - it isn't my style of trail. I like big banks and jumps more than ruts, rocks and roots. The old coramba trail was my style.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dry and dusty isn't too typical here, we get thick forest kind of stuff but it isn't too varied from the Bright course, just got a lot more features and items of interest.
It's a shame to say it but race tracks like that are used by MTBA for two reasons: The venue is good for a crowd of people to convene at for a race and the other reason is no one in Australia wants to run an MTBA race because their system of getting people on bikes to race and have a good time is total junk. You take what you can get unfortunately.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think you’re seeing the glass as half empty...but I still love you
Aussies deserve a much better organisation to get the racing done, the system just fucks us.

Edit: I should say at the top level where guys and gals need to accrue points and gain street cred for getting picked on future teams. Some of the state level and club level stuff we can do is run by awesome people and there are a ton of fun events (think Rocky Trail stuff, Cannonball, Greenvalleys etc etc).

moorey

call me Mia
We really don’t have the mountains or infrastructure to run a variety of world class events unfortunately. Yes, at a state and local level, our game is strong.
I though MTBA were sub par...till I tried to deal the the Oceanias crew.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That’s slopestyle/park you’re after then
I likes me a double dose of those, but the coramba trail was a long way from either. The constant off camber chunder is the deal breaker. The 2 main dh tracks here (Awaba and Ourimbah) both have their share of lumps and bumps (not enough at Ourimbah for some) but it is contrasted at both tracks by fast sections for raising and an assortment of jump from small to fuck no in size. The guys smashing top times on that bright trail must have some impressive vice grip!

Do they run any competitions (enduro? Flow? Is that even a race category?) on the hero trail?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
In the very early days, I actually thought he was trying to do a good thing for the right reasons.

I changed my mind pretty quickly. He’s a bit like Ned Kelly in Australia. The mythology and hype around his virtue is 99% bullshit.
Wikileaks was a good idea ruined by Assange’s ego and lack of moral compass. If you were to judge the world based on his target set you’d think that western countries are a scourge on the earth and Russia, China, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, etc are moral beacons for global society.

Snowden is no different. In everything he released nothing illegal was found. I think whistleblowing should be encouraged and civil liberty integral to democracy. But then one would ask why he released info on US international operations that had nothing to do with domestic surveillance and why again, nothing harmful to Russian and Chinese interests ever arose.

safreek

Similar story here. He's no Edward Snowden, that's for sure. That said, they are literally charging him with possibly rendering assistance in cracking a password, and have not revealed any evidence that, you know, it actually contributed. This is hugely weak sauce on which to base an extradition request, and I reckon Assange has a strong chance of winning his extradition fight.
He would have more of a chance if he was a Chelsea Manning