Little Things You Love

moorey

call me Mia
Riding with a good mate today, the topic of his spare/wife’s bike came up.
It was an overpriced sb66c, and when he went to pick it up, he gave it a good inspection, knowing their cracking issues.
There was a sticker placed in a suspicious spot, so he peeled it off and found a very obvious and poorly hidden crack.
Owner played dumb, but my mate pushed him on price and insisted he either drop price to factor in a professional repair, or pay to get it repaired. Bought the bike, BTW.
He then went on to describe the odd spec. Seller had attempted to cut weight at the expense of practically and strength....and had an odd amount or PURPLE ANODIZED parts....
If you’ve been on this forum any time, you know where I’m going here....
Couldn’t believe it, yet not the slightest bit surprised :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It was an overpriced sb66c, and when he went to pick it up, he gave it a good inspection, knowing their cracking issues.
There was a sticker placed in a suspicious spot, so he peeled it off and found a very obvious and poorly hidden crack.
Owner played dumb, but my mate pushed him on price and insisted he either drop price to factor in a professional repair, or pay to get it repaired. Bought the bike, BTW.
He then went on to describe the odd spec. Seller had attempted to cut weight at the expense of practically and strength....and had an odd amount or PURPLE ANODIZED parts....
That's fucking gold!

Does this mean we can finally find out how much it weighs?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
He bought is from Chops? Was he rehashing an old story or was this recent as I thought he sold that things ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
He bought is from Chops? Was he rehashing an old story or was this recent as I thought he sold that things ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was years ago he bought it. He only moved up here pretty recently.
I’ve seen him on the bike before, sans purple bits. It just came up in conversation when we were talking about how manufacturers and sellers always BS you on the weight.
“Like my wife’s Yeti, for example.....” was the gist of the conversation..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
He saw the claimed weight after researching Norm and finding ‘that thread’ after buying the bike.
Needless to say, it was more than 12.3kg.
Never! He must have taken some of the purple bits off, or it was the cable ties stitching the crack together that sent it over the limit!