Little Things You Love

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LTIL - customer service + Tarty Bikes.

I placed an order, realised I'd left out a couple of brake lever pivot bushes (about 7 dollars worth) off the order, so shot them an e-mail. I expected the usual 24h delayed response and "Sorry your order has already been processed", but no! They sent an e-mail back in about 2 minutes with the items added to the order with a link to PayPal for the additional payment. Payed that straight away and e-mailed them back, and got another cheery response letting me know payment received and parts will be sent out today. Aussie retailers take note!

And for OCD types (like me) or lovers of colour-bling, LTIL #2 is Hope's releasing more anno parts for their brakes:

Last edited:

beeb

LTIL - @moorey's trick of wrapping a strap around a tyre to get it to mount tubeless. I had a real uncooperative Schwalbe that wouldn't even go up with the compressor on it and was just bubbling around the tyre bead. Got a ratchet strap out (didn't use the ratchet part), pulled it tight by hand, hit the compressor again and hey presto! An inflated tyre. Cheers mate!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIL - @moorey's trick of wrapping a strap around a tyre to get it to mount tubeless. I had a real uncooperative Schwalbe that wouldn't even go up with the compressor on it and was just bubbling around the tyre bead. Got a ratchet strap out (didn't use the ratchet part), pulled it tight by hand, hit the compressor again and hey presto! An inflated tyre. Cheers mate!
This seems something a video tutorial of would be beneficial to many

moorey

call me Mia
No wuckers mate. Watched a bloke do it with a tie down strap at a DH race when he couldn’t get tyre to inflate.

I mean, copyrighted idea, send me money.

beeb

Needs a buckle style strap ideally, not a ratchet.
Yep, I just used the long flat piece of strap, which I'd removed from the ratchet entirely. Just pulled it tight by hand through the loop of the hook.

And @pink poodle, I'll try ro remember next time - don't fancy chancing it with this same tyre again now it's inflated (finally).