Little Things You Love

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

I want a trials bike now.
How good are the attitudes different trail users have for each other in this! Hikers smiling at moto guy, mountainbikers stoked as. I wish people were that way inclined here.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I want a trials bike now.
How good are the attitudes different trail users have for each other in this! Hikers smiling at moto guy, mountainbikers stoked as. I wish people were that way inclined here.
I rode competitive trials for about 10 years. Loved it. Just ran out of time when we moved to brissy and built a house.

Ultra Lord

I rode competitive trials for about 10 years. Loved it. Just ran out of time when we moved to brissy and built a house.
My favourite trails I ride on the dirt bikes are always super tight, with really hard, steep climbs. If I didn’t need rego to ride to the trails, a trials bike would have been perfect! Instead I put up with the enduro bike and paddled my way through flogging the clutch out and overheating the big ktm haha. One day maybe.
LTIH, sold my 525exc today :( I started hating myself as soon as it was loaded onto his ute.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My favourite trails I ride on the dirt bikes are always super tight, with really hard, steep climbs. If I didn’t need rego to ride to the trails, a trials bike would have been perfect! Instead I put up with the enduro bike and paddled my way through flogging the clutch out and overheating the big ktm haha. One day maybe.
LTIH, sold my 525exc today :( I started hating myself as soon as it was loaded onto his ute.
Its a part of growing up. Just keep reminding yourself when the last time you rode it was and the short service intervals.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Its a part of growing up. Just keep reminding yourself when the last time you rode it was and the short service intervals.

but I dun wanna grow up!
I’ve promised myself a new bike for chrissy. One needed to leave.
Possibly two. We’ll see how funds go. I can see the cruiser going soon.

It’s a silly bike that never got ridden, but al I can remember is sweet up hill power wheelies in third and a 10hr single track ride at lithgow that only happened once but was amazing.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
but I dun wanna grow up!
I’ve promised myself a new bike for chrissy. One needed to leave.
Possibly two. We’ll see how funds go. I can see the cruiser going soon.

It’s a silly bike that never got ridden, but al I can remember is sweet up hill power wheelies in third and a 10hr single track ride at lithgow that only happened once but was amazing.
Imagine how I felt when my 990 Adv got stolen. It carried me from Sydney to Broome and London to Beijing...

I spent the insurance money on a scuba dive trip to the Galapagos :).

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Reposting because some douche mod clearly somehow put it in the douche thread.
LTIL, new rack day. View attachment 363412View attachment 363413View attachment 363414View attachment 363415
Was it you?
My last bike was an HRC world championship works bike I picked up in Japan. It was way more capable than me. Lots of bespoke and hand made parts. Came with a parts manual with every part listed. Lots of bits were unique to the bike so as I wore it out or broke it I had to make fresh parts. Amazing thing though. Would like to do it again but my body now isnt as flexible and lithe as it needs to be.