Little Things You Love

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The ABC News had a banner saying he'd been airlifted to hospital after crashing out of the race. No further news. :(
I was just amazed they actually had some coverage of him this year when he was winning all the things initially. Thought he was perpetually consigned to the Sam Hill vortex of zero attention by the sports obsessed Strayan media.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I was just amazed they actually had some coverage of him this year when he was winning all the things initially. Thought he was perpetually consigned to the Sam Hill vortex of zero attention by the sports obsessed Strayan media.
Straya don’t like dirty sports.

Unless they involve balls.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Should be in the other thread but Oz Open tennis they are accommodating 1200 peeps from overseas (players & staff) to the detriment of Strayans who also want to come into the country.

FFS we can’t accommodate his shit any more, never mind the COVID burden, how about the flight emissions?

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Should be in the other thread but Oz Open tennis they are accommodating 1200 peeps from overseas (players & staff) to the determine of Strayans who also want to come into the country.

FFS we can’t accommodate his shit any more, never mind the COVID burden, how about the flight emissions?
You're not suggest that people could just watch it on TV are you? :eek:

I really like watching the AusOpen, but have never actually been. Seems a significant proportion of the people that attend now go for the food trucks and live music "event atmosphere", and just happen to watch a bit of tennis while they're there. Smart marketing, but like you say - necessary? Not so much.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You're not suggest that people could just watch it on TV are you? :eek:

Seems a significant proportion of the people that attend now go for the food trucks and live music "event atmosphere", and just happen to watch a bit of tennis while they're there.
Sounds a lot like the (now canned) Adelaide V8 Supercars race. Hasn't stopped all the bogans from screaming blue murder despite them not showing up last year (attendance was down over 30% - largely attributable to a lack of "event atmosphere" apparently).