Little Things You Love

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
These roadies are very precious. And I do know what he's talking about. If I drag the brakes on my roadie for a while, a fffpt fffpt fffpt occurs from the pad/rotor interface that takes a little while to go away. It's annoying.

stirk

Burner
These roadies are very precious. And I do know what he's talking about. If I drag the brakes on my roadie for a while, a fffpt fffpt fffpt occurs from the pad/rotor interface that takes a little while to go away. It's annoying.
And even with MTB the brake pads can pick up muck which runs the disc making noise. Does not both me with all the other noise a MTB makes but roadies not used to noise would be annoyed. Maybe they are a little precious and need to ride MTB a little

I'm not sure I agree with there being heating issues based on my experience with long and very hard braking hills I have ridden which get the rotors to that rotorburn skin melting temp. Brakes are fine after with no warping or noise. Maybe the road bikes all need XT m785's!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Mine dont....

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And even with MTB the brake pads can pick up muck which runs the disc making noise. Does not both me with all the other noise a MTB makes but roadies not used to noise would be annoyed. Maybe they are a little precious and need to ride MTB a little

I'm not sure I agree with there being heating issues based on my experience with long and very hard braking hills I have ridden which get the rotors to that rotorburn skin melting temp. Brakes are fine after with no warping or noise. Maybe the road bikes all need XT m785's!
Ive had my roadie discs smoking and going a very interesting shade of purple coming down Mt Wellington in Hobart (rough as guts bitumens means you cant go fast on a roadie so youre constantly on the brakes for several kms - can come down that road away faster on the MTB!). The sintered shimano pads certainly started howling as they got stupid hot, but it all kept working and went quiet again after they cooled.

And I never risked a burst tyre from excessive heat....

I tend to drag the rear brake and use it more to moderate speed on the those long braking efforts - if it ever starts to fade i can take off more speed with the still relatively cool front and either stop or slow right down. Never needed to though...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Missed lunch today so thought I'd fry up a couple of eggs to keep me going. Two d:Duble y:Dlkers.
No way??? Chef at work cracked a no yolk today!!! I'd never seen one...she had never seen one...none of the others had ever seen one. I wasn't allowed to eat it.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I wonder if anyone's tried carbon ceramic rotors or would you need to have a larger diameter to be effective?
Going back in time there was Sicc which were later bought out and then were re-branded under Kestrel I think doing carbon discs, they didn’t fair well and reviews were poor.