Little Things You Love

Ackland

chats d'élevage
@Ackland is the weight weenie you speak of.

Mine were Gen 1 Kettle Cycles SFL rotors from their original Kickstarter revenue raising
SFL - So F*cking Light

They were horrendous in the wet, suffered from glazing of both the rotors AND pads.
There was an open offer to return for reprocessing of the braking surface with a new coating. I held back to see what the reprocessed results were but ~3 months later Kettle Cycles fell off a cliff and stopped responding to emails... you know, the usual Kickstarter story....

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Anybody else ever have what I can only describe as a Rosencrantz moment. 3 double yolkers in a row. Two a couple of days ago and then the first one I cracked tonight. The chance of that happening is about 1 in 1,000,000,000 given that roughly 1 in 1000 is a double.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anybody else ever have what I can only describe as a Rosencrantz moment. 3 double yolkers in a row. Two a couple of days ago and then the first one I cracked tonight. The chance of that happening is about 1 in 1,000,000,000 given that roughly 1 in 1000 is a double.
Do you eat a lot of eggs?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Local Steggles factory in Newcastle used to sell trays of double yolk eggs when I was a kid. Those were the days.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Ok...so let's go with 6 eggs per week, to keep the maths easier. Next we need to work out how many eggs that is per year and divide down your fact about the 1:1000000000 chance for a double up.
Maths doesn't work like that. It will always be the chance of any 3 eggs in a row being double yolked is one in a billion, That doesn't change based on the number of eggs you eat.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maths doesn't work like that. It will always be the chance of any 3 eggs in a row being double yolked is one in a billion, That doesn't change based on the number of eggs you eat.

That's your theory. I'm a new age pie-thagorum and I say you're chances are even slimmer!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
But it does change on the distribution you are drawing from - once you have drawn one double-yolk you are more likely to draw another from the same carton etc as the eggs are from similar birds of a similar age under similar conditions. The 1 in 1000 chance of a double yolk is for the entire distribution of eggs, but an egg carton (or any other unit of production) is not a random sample across the entire egg population.

slowmick

38-39"
It seems if you buy the eggs the supermarkets reject from the farmers the chances of you getting a double yolk increase greatly.